1. How COVID-19 is affecting the globe
Confirmed cases of COVID-19 have now passed 131.7 million globally, according to the Johns Hopkins Coronavirus Resource Center. More than 664.64 million vaccination doses have been administered globally, according to Our World in Data.
New Zealand will allow quarantine-free visits from Australians starting 19 April, Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern said today.
Australia says it hasnt received more than 3 million doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine amid export curbs by the European Union.
Japans real wages rose for the first time in a year in February, the government said today. The rise was largely due to prices weakening as the pandemic continues to hit the economy, reports Reuters.
Spains coronavirus infection rate has risen from 151.8 cases per 100,000 to 163.4 cases per 100,000, as measured over the rolling 14-day average, official data has shown.
A planned reopening of all shops, gyms, hairdressers and outdoor hospitality will take place in England next week as planned, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said yesterday.
Bangkok, Thailands capital, will close 196 entertainment venues for two weeks, following a rise in COVID-19 cases.
Greece allowed shops to reopen under controlled conditions yesterday. Customers have to make appointments and comply with a three-hour limit for shopping, while retailers cannot allow in more than one customer per 25 square metres.
Portugal has entered the second phase of an easing of its COVID-19 lockdown, with caf and restaurant terraces, museums, non-food markets and fairs, small shops, middle schools and gyms allowed to open their doors from yesterday.
Cases are rising in many countries.
Image: Our World in Data
2. India reports 96,982 new COVID-19 cases
India has reported 96,982 new COVID-19 infections, taking its overall tally to 12.7 million, according to data from the health ministry.
Indias caseload is the worlds third highest, behind the United States and Brazil. Todays rise come after a record rise on Monday of 103,558 confirmed infections. With it, India became just the second country to report more than 100,000 new cases in a day.
The countrys daily infections have risen about 12-fold since hitting a multi-month low in early February.
The COVID Response Alliance for Social Entrepreneurship is a coalition of 85 global leaders, hosted by the World Economic Forum. Its mission: Join hands in support of social entrepreneurs everywhere as vital first responders to the pandemic and as pioneers of a green, inclusive economic reality.
Its COVID Social Enterprise Action Agenda, outlines 25 concrete recommendations for key stakeholder groups, including funders and philanthropists, investors, government institutions, support organizations, and corporations. In January of 2021, its members launched its 2021 Roadmap through which its members will roll out an ambitious set of 21 action projects in 10 areas of work. Including corporate access and policy change in support of a social economy.
For more information see the Alliance website or its impact story here.
3. Singapore to accept COVID-19 digital travel pass from next month
From next month, Singapore will accept visitors who use a mobile travel pass containing digital certificates for COVID-19 vaccines and tests, its aviation regulator said yesterday.
Singapore will accept the International Air Transport Association (IATA) mobile travel pass for pre-departure checks, where travellers can get clearance to fly to and enter Singapore by showing a smartphone application containing their data from accredited laboratories.
The pass was successfully tested by Singapore Airlines. More than 20 carriers are also testing the pass.
The success of our joint efforts will make IATAs partnership with the government of Singapore a model for others to follow, IATA director general Willie Walsh said in a statement.
Originally posted here:
COVID-19: What you need to know about the coronavirus pandemic on 6 April - World Economic Forum
- Sputnik V, a host of coronavirus mutations and a rocket stack - Nature.com - April 14th, 2021
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Heres what to know April 14, 2021 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit - April 14th, 2021
- COVID-19 patients with sedentary habits more likely to die, finds study - The Hindu - April 14th, 2021
- 2 more Mainers die and another 571 coronavirus cases are reported across the state - Bangor Daily News - April 14th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccination required to attend Buffalo Bills games, officials say - WFLA - April 14th, 2021
- Six new coronavirus cases reported on Nantucket Wednesday - The Inquirer and Mirror - April 14th, 2021
- Coronavirus tally: Global cases of COVID-19 top 136.7 million and U.S. death tally heads toward 563,000 - MarketWatch - April 14th, 2021
- UJAR 2021: The impact of coronavirus on universal jurisdiction - FIDH - FIDH - April 12th, 2021
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Heres what to know April 10, 2021 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit - April 12th, 2021
- Pa. announces all adults will be eligible for a vaccine on Tuesday; Philly faces steep drop in Johnson & Johns - The Philadelphia Inquirer - April 12th, 2021
- Coronavirus hospitalizations plunge among Ohios most vaccinated age groups - cleveland.com - April 12th, 2021
- India's daily virus infections are world's highest but crowds gather for festival - Reuters - April 12th, 2021
- Tweaked COVID vaccines in testing aim to fend off variants - WKBN.com - April 12th, 2021
- COVID-19 in South Dakota: 187 total new cases; One new death; Active cases at 2,425 - KELOLAND.com - April 12th, 2021
- Madison Township bar accused of coronavirus health order violation - News-Herald.com - April 12th, 2021
- More than 2 million COVID-19 shots given in Alabama - FOX10 News - April 12th, 2021
- One new coronavirus case reported on Nantucket Sunday - The Inquirer and Mirror - April 12th, 2021
- Mens curling world championship playoffs on hold due to coronavirus - Home of the Olympic Channel - April 11th, 2021
- Coronavirus in Oregon: 761 new cases reported in highest daily count since February - OregonLive - April 11th, 2021
- Health experts give safety advice to all Missourians about receiving the coronavirus vaccine - ABC17NEWS - ABC17News.com - April 11th, 2021
- Teenagers and the coronavirus vaccine: What parents are asking - cleveland.com - April 11th, 2021
- NSU Spartans respond to two public health threats: racism and the coronavirus - WAVY.com - April 11th, 2021
- VERIFY: Are you better off if you get COVID-19 now versus a year ago? - KING5.com - April 11th, 2021
- City-County Health moving COVID-19 vaccinations to new location - Wyoming Tribune - April 11th, 2021
- Active cases of coronavirus rise in Ulster and Dutchess counties; Dutchess offers free rides to vaccination sites - The Daily Freeman - April 11th, 2021
- With California set to fully reopen by June 15, experts say its unlikely another coronavirus surge will overwhelm hospitals - KTLA Los Angeles - April 11th, 2021
- Hawaii DOH investigating 2 sports teams halted due to coronavirus - KHON2 - April 9th, 2021
- Ohio coronavirus case rate increases to highest point in a month; 52 counties on red alert - cleveland.com - April 9th, 2021
- Nearly half of new coronavirus infections nationwide are in just five states - WJW FOX 8 News Cleveland - April 9th, 2021
- Coronavirus or allergies? Heres how to tell the difference. - SILive.com - April 9th, 2021
- After coronavirus pause, UND football returns to practice in hopes of making a playoff run - Grand Forks Herald - April 9th, 2021
- Virus Variants Threaten to Draw Out the Pandemic, Scientists Say - The New York Times - April 9th, 2021
- What Washington parents should know about COVID-19 vaccines for 16- and 17-year-olds - KING5.com - April 9th, 2021
- The American Rescue Plan: Coronavirus State and Local Fiscal Recovery Funds - AAF - American Action Forum - April 9th, 2021
- Coronavirus tally: Global cases of COVID-19 top 132.5 million and U.S. death toll above 556,000 - MarketWatch - April 7th, 2021
- More transmissible coronavirus variants on the rise in Pa. and N.J., as case counts keep going up - The Philadelphia Inquirer - April 7th, 2021
- What you need to know about the coronavirus right now - Reuters - April 7th, 2021
- COVID-19 update: Active coronavirus cases grow within Humble ISD this week - Houston Chronicle - April 7th, 2021
- Jon Husted to meet with Asian American neighbors over coronavirus tweet: Overnight News Links - cleveland.com - April 7th, 2021
- Coronavirus: L.A. County surpasses 5 million vaccinations with 406 new cases and 23 new deaths reported as of April 6 - The Daily Breeze - April 7th, 2021
- Middle East And Africa Struggle To Shake Off Economic Effects Of Coronavirus Pandemic - Forbes - April 7th, 2021
- We still dont know the origins of the coronavirus. Here are 4 scenarios. - National Geographic - April 7th, 2021
- Brazil's COVID-19 death surge set to pass the worst of record U.S. wave - Reuters - April 7th, 2021
- How Vaccine Hesitancy Could Prolong the Pandemic - Healthline - April 7th, 2021
- 45 Pa. counties have substantial spread of COVID-19; positive test rate rises for third week in a row - PennLive - April 7th, 2021
- Trudeau says Canada is facing 'very serious' third wave of COVID-19 pandemic - The Union Leader - April 7th, 2021
- 293 infected in new coronavirus outbreaks at 75 schools, says Michigans April 4 school outbreak report - MLive.com - April 7th, 2021
- Will fourth wave of COVID-19 in East spread to California? - Los Angeles Times - April 5th, 2021
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Heres what to know April 3, 2021 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit - April 5th, 2021
- These are the latest COVID numbers in Georgia for April 4, 2021 - 11Alive.com WXIA - April 5th, 2021
- How Long Does Immunity from COVID-19 Vaccination Last? - Healthline - April 5th, 2021
- Brazils coronavirus nightmare: Bolsonaro is more isolated than ever - Financial Times - April 5th, 2021
- Two new coronavirus cases reported on Nantucket Sunday - The Inquirer and Mirror - April 5th, 2021
- Russia Claims to Be the First Country to Develop Coronavirus Shots for Animals - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Coronavirus Tennessee: Cases, deaths and hospitalizations across the state in April - WATE 6 On Your Side - April 5th, 2021
- Analysis-In mutant variants, has the coronavirus shown its best tricks? - Reuters - April 5th, 2021
- Coronavirus cases are up in Ohio and reopening is in jeopardy - Mahoning Matters - April 5th, 2021
- Pennsylvania will study the impact of COVID on learning and teaching - The Mercury - April 5th, 2021
- Fauci Expects Surge In Vaccinations To Keep A 4th Coronavirus Wave At Bay - NPR - April 3rd, 2021
- Hawaii to receive $32M in federal aid to support coronavirus vaccinations - KHON2 - April 3rd, 2021
- Rick Carlisle cleared to rejoin Mavericks after coronavirus scare - The Official Home - Mavs.com - April 3rd, 2021
- These are the latest COVID numbers in Georgia for April 1, 2021 - 11Alive.com WXIA - April 3rd, 2021
- Undetected Coronavirus Variant Was in at Least 15 Countries Before its Discovery - UT News - UT News | The University of Texas at Austin - April 3rd, 2021
- India great Sachin Tendulkar admitted to hospital with coronavirus - The Guardian - April 3rd, 2021
- Coronavirus in Minnesota: 12 more deaths; hospitalizations on the rise - MinnPost - April 3rd, 2021
- 14-year-old Milwaukee boy dies of coronavirus complications - WXOW.com - April 3rd, 2021
- Moderna and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccines may block infection as well as disease - Science News Magazine - April 3rd, 2021
- Reopening last summer may have led to 45 coronavirus deaths a Scripps study shows - CBS News 8 - April 3rd, 2021
- Here's a list of the latest COVID data for Georgia: April 2, 2021 - 11Alive.com WXIA - April 3rd, 2021
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Continues to Advance Over-the Counter and Other Screening Test Development - FDA.gov - April 1st, 2021
- Coronavirus tally: Global cases of COVID-19 near 129 million and U.S. death toll tops 552,000 - MarketWatch - April 1st, 2021
- Coronavirus in Michigan: Heres what to know April 1, 2021 - WDIV ClickOnDetroit - April 1st, 2021
- India Reports Its Highest Daily Number Of COVID-19 Deaths So Far This Year - NPR - April 1st, 2021
- Can I still spread the coronavirus after I'm vaccinated? - WBNG-TV - April 1st, 2021
- COVID-19 Confirmed As 3rd Leading Cause Of Death In US Last Year : Coronavirus Updates - NPR - April 1st, 2021
- Region may be experiencing third wave of coronavirus infections | INFORUM - INFORUM - April 1st, 2021
- Wednesday's coronavirus updates: 'We have the B117 variant in our community. It is more infectious, and it is causing more serious illness in younger... - April 1st, 2021
- UK COVID variant is now the predominant strain in many parts of the country | Connect the Dots - KHOU.com - April 1st, 2021
- Coronavirus surge could be worse than the last for the Americas: PAHO - Reuters - April 1st, 2021
- Gov. DeSantis to get COVID-19 vaccine this week - WFLA - April 1st, 2021