Organizers at the Old West End church expected 200 people to get the shot, a majority of them being persons of color.
TOLEDO, Ohio COVID-19 vaccinations continue in Lucas County.
Ohio is still in phase 1B of the rollout and nearly 14 percent of Lucas County residents have been vaccinated against the virus.
People who are 65 and older as well as people with certain medical conditions are eligible for vaccinations as part of phase 1B.
On Sunday, a local church hosted a vaccination site for the community, to help increase the number of people who have been vaccinated.
"I'm feeling pretty good. I'm excited about getting the vaccination" said Earlean Belcher, who got the COVID-19 vaccine.
Around 200 people were expected to get their first shot of the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine at the First Church of God in the Old West End.
It was an effort put on by the church, the V Project, ProMedica and the Toledo Lucas County Health Department.
Church leaders say this is the second clinic they have held and it was open to anyone who is eligible and wants the vaccine.
"It's basically everyone. It's our church family but it's also our community. We've opened it up. We'd want everyone that would like to get vaccinated to come and let's help them," said Church Administrator, Juanita Greene.
Almost everyone getting their shot at the event was a person of color, said Greene.
But that's the goal. She says the church is part of the community and they want to assist in vaccinating minorities.
Those getting their shot say it's the right thing to do.
"I understand there are a lot of folks that, based on people feeling like they were used as guinea pigs in the past, that they didn't want to do that, " said Ramona Collins, who got her COVID-19 shot at the event. "But, I think after a while when they see that nobody is suffering anymore maybe they'll do it".
History has created a stigma behind vaccinations for people of color.
Earlean Belcher, who is also getting the shot, says she wants to change that and help lead the way.
"Basically, I wanted to be a leader because I am a leader. I'm an elder and I wanted to take the stigma of fear out of the vaccination," said Belcher.
The First Church of God will be holding another vaccination clinic on Sunday, Feb. 28.
Those eligible and wanting to sign up for the vaccine can call the church to make an appointment. Their number is (419) 255-0097.
First Church of God Toledo holds COVID-19 vaccination event for community - WTOL
- COVID-19 Vaccination Resource Center Ulster County COVID ... - March 2nd, 2021
- Covid-19 Live Updates: The U.S. Is Edging Toward Normal, Alarming Some Officials - The New York Times - March 2nd, 2021
- University of Mississippi Medical Center - March 2nd, 2021
- Pennsylvania COVID-19 Early Warning Monitoring Dashboard Update for Feb. 19-25: Case Increases at 12,967; Percent Positivity at 6.3% and 26 Counties... - March 2nd, 2021
- Inslee announces proclamations on COVID-19 and winter weather, updates air travel proclamation - Access Washington - March 2nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Relief Package Heads To Senate. Here's What To Watch - NPR - March 2nd, 2021
- A Quick Breakdown of the 3 Different COVID Vaccines - COVID-19, Featured, Health Topics - Hackensack Meridian Health - March 2nd, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 385 cases and 10 deaths one of them recent reported since Friday - Anchorage Daily News - March 2nd, 2021
- Coronavirus: CDC head warns of very concerning recent uptick in COVID-19 cases - KIRO Seattle - March 2nd, 2021
- Department of Health Feb. 14-20 Update On COVID-19 Investigations, Contact Tracing, Monitoring Efforts: Pennsylvanians Urged To 'Answer the Call,'... - March 2nd, 2021
- What we know and don't know about Covid-19 - BBC News - March 2nd, 2021
- Combatting the COVID-19 variant in Florida - Wink News - Wink News - March 2nd, 2021
- Atlanta-Based Task Force For Global Health To Help With COVID-19 Vaccines Around The Globe | 90.1 FM WABE - WABE 90.1 FM - March 2nd, 2021
- It definitely takes a [mental] toll on you: A look back at the Flyers COVID-19 shutdown - The Philadelphia Inquirer - March 2nd, 2021
- Active COVID-19 cases continue to decline, lowest in Tompkins County since November - The Ithaca Voice - March 2nd, 2021
- First cases of B.1.1.7 COVID-19 variant identified in Southwest Va. - WWBT NBC12 News - February 28th, 2021
- VaccineFinder Maps Out Where Vaccines Are Available Near You : Shots - Health News - NPR - February 28th, 2021
- Delegate Jones bill protecting first responders COVID-19 workers compensation heads to Northams desk - WAVY.com - February 28th, 2021
- A look at major COVID-19 developments over the past week - Atlanta Journal Constitution - February 28th, 2021
- McMaster leads group of governors against COVID-19 relief bill WIS-TV - WIS10 - February 28th, 2021
- People skipping their COVID-19 second dose appointments is causing issues, health officials say - WSOC Charlotte - February 28th, 2021
- COVID-19 Daily Update 2-27-2021 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - February 28th, 2021
- COVID-19 relief, health care reform and more transparency: This week in Michigan politics - MLive.com - February 28th, 2021
- COVID-19: Families of school-aged children to get two rapid tests a week - Sky News - February 28th, 2021
- Elmont, NY Coronavirus Information - Safety Updates, News ... - February 26th, 2021
- Who is Going to Cover COVID-19 Hospitalizations? - The National Law Review - February 26th, 2021
- After 56 years together, COVID-19 forced them apart - OPB News - February 26th, 2021
- Doctors asking people who have been fully vaccinated to continue COVID-19 protocols - WKOW - February 26th, 2021
- Tracking COVID-19 in Alaska: 190 infections, no deaths reported Thursday - Anchorage Daily News - February 26th, 2021
- Some local businesses reinventing themselves in the face of COVID-19 - WECT - February 26th, 2021
- The effect of COVID-19 on air pollution - WGN-TV - February 26th, 2021
- Amid COVID-19 pandemic, flu has disappeared in the US - WIS10 - February 26th, 2021
- COVID-19 In Pittsburgh: Nearly 70 Inmates And Staff At Allegheny County Jail Infected - CBS Pittsburgh - February 26th, 2021
- Most kids and teens cant get the COVID-19 vaccine. So why did Pa. send thousands of doses to pediatricians? - The Philadelphia Inquirer - February 26th, 2021
- New measures in place to slow the spread of COVID-19 | UDaily - UDaily - February 26th, 2021
- Biden, Harris mark 50 million COVID-19 vaccinations in the U.S. - WFLA - February 26th, 2021
- COVID-19 is exacerbating physician retention and burnout. Here are some tips to address it - FierceHealthcare - February 26th, 2021
- Can mouthwash prevent the spread of COVID-19? UNC researchers want to find out - WAVY.com - February 26th, 2021
- COVID-19 Information | Nash County, NC - Official Website - February 24th, 2021
- No-fault compensation programme for COVID-19 vaccines is a world first - World Health Organization - February 24th, 2021
- Article: COVID-19: Is It Time for Optimism? - WebMD - February 24th, 2021
- How to tell if it's COVID-19 or allergies this spring - Wink News - Wink News - February 24th, 2021
- A Team of WVU scientists are actively studying and fighting COVID-19 variants - WBOY.com - February 24th, 2021
- Houston Health Department opens 1,000 new COVID-19 vaccination appointments for February 24 - City of Houston - February 24th, 2021
- Perspective of patients with autoimmune diseases on COVID-19 vaccination - The Lancet - February 24th, 2021
- Oregon coast caf fined nearly $18K over COVID-19 rules - OregonLive - February 24th, 2021
- Department of Health Feb. 7-13 Update On COVID-19 Investigations, Contact Tracing, Monitoring Efforts: Pennsylvanians Urged To 'Answer the Call,'... - February 24th, 2021
- COVID-19 Daily Update 2-23-2021 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - February 24th, 2021
- The disease-resistant patients exposing Covid-19's weak spots - BBC News - February 24th, 2021
- Addressing fertility questions and concerns with the COVID-19 vaccine - UAB News - February 24th, 2021
- COVID-19 Measures Adopted in Dubai and Abu Dhabi - SHRM - February 24th, 2021
- Rapid COVID-19 testing pilot program coming to Washington schools - KING5.com - February 24th, 2021
- Some older Virginians unsatisfied with access to COVID-19 vaccine - WAVY.com - February 24th, 2021
- Snohomish schools partner with UW for COVID-19 testing and tracing - KING5.com - February 24th, 2021
- CDC study: Teachers key to COVID-19 infections in 1 district - ABC News - February 24th, 2021
- COVID-19 in South Dakota: 140 total new cases; Death toll rises to 1,863; Active cases at 1,966 - KELOLAND.com - February 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine | COVID-19 Vaccine - February 22nd, 2021
- Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) | Department of Health - February 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19: Latest Data - NYC Health - February 22nd, 2021
- Idaho's COVID-19 cases are dropping. Why? Everyone has a theory. Is yours right? - East Idaho News - February 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Exposure Notifications are now active in Utah - fox13now.com - fox13now.com - February 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Daily Update 2-21-2021 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - February 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 deaths continue to decline in ND, with one death reported Sunday - INFORUM - February 22nd, 2021
- Sen. Klobuchar, Allina Health highlight misinformation about the COVID-19 vaccine online - KARE11.com - February 22nd, 2021
- Prospective mapping of viral mutations that escape antibodies used to treat COVID-19 - Science Magazine - February 22nd, 2021
- As COVID-19 forced businesses to close, owners have had to figure out what to do next - KTLA - February 22nd, 2021
- Newsom says there are problems with CAs COVID-19 vaccine rollout in Latino and Black communities - KTLA Los Angeles - February 22nd, 2021
- COVID-19 Data for Pennsylvania - Department of Health - February 20th, 2021
- Board presented findings from first COVID-19 audit - Multnomah County - February 20th, 2021
- How to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment in PA ... - February 20th, 2021
- Elon Musk Got 4,000 SpaceX Workers to Join a Covid-19 Study. Heres What He Learned. - The Wall Street Journal - February 20th, 2021
- APH Provides Update on COVID-19 Testing and Vaccination Sites - AustinTexas.gov - February 20th, 2021
- Latest on COVID-19 in MN: Vaccinations back on the upswing, for now - Minnesota Public Radio News - February 20th, 2021
- Houston Health Department to resume COVID-19 vaccinations following winter storm - City of Houston - February 20th, 2021
- The potential effect of COVID-19-related disruptions on HIV incidence and HIV-related mortality among men who have sex with men in the USA: a... - February 20th, 2021
- A leaked report shows Pfizers vaccine is conquering covid-19 in its largest real-world test - MIT Technology Review - February 20th, 2021
- Covid-19 Was Spreading in China Before First Confirmed Cases, Fresh Evidence Suggests - The Wall Street Journal - February 20th, 2021
- Gov. Northam takes questions on COVID-19 issues including about when he thinks masks can come off - WAVY.com - February 20th, 2021
- Italian doctors remember night that ushered in Europe's first COVID-19 lockdown - Reuters - February 20th, 2021
- Michigan tops 100 COVID-19 workplace safety violations with latest batch - MLive.com - February 20th, 2021