Hundreds of Bell County children received a free COVID-19 vaccine this week, according to the Killeen Independent School District.
KISD hosted its first vaccination opportunity Thursday for children 5 years and older. The Food and Drug Administration authorized the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for emergency use in children 5 through 11 years of age on Oct. 29.
The joint effort to provide COVID-19 vaccinations to the Bell County community was largely successful resulting in the vaccination of 266 (5 to 11 years old) children on the first day, Killeen ISD spokeswoman Taina Maya said in a news release Friday.
Of 429 total vaccinations, Maya said 266 of those were children ages 5 to 11 years old. More than 120 people ages 18 and older received a COVID-19 booster shot Thursday, KISD said.
Twenty-five people aged 12-17 received either their first or second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine, according to the district.
Killeens weekly vaccine clinics are now handled by a partnership with the Killeen Independent School District, which replaced the previous program that was held at the Killeen Special Events Center.
For the next eight weeks, the former Nolan Middle School, 505 E. Jasper Drive in Killeen, will host two-day vaccine and testing clinics for any person 5 years and older, including booster shots for approved individuals.
Vaccinations will be provided as walk-in opportunities only, no appointment necessary, Maya said in a news release Tuesday.
The district does not require staff or students to receive the COVID-19 vaccine.
As of Friday morning, there were 31 active reported cases of COVID-19 among 23 students and 8 staff members, according to KISDs online dashboard.
The site will be open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. on the following days:
All minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, KISD said.
Additionally, KISD offers free rapid COVID-19 tests for school-aged children, employees and campus visitors from 7:15 a.m. to 6 p.m. at individual school campuses on school days, KISD said.
KISD remains dedicated to mitigating the spread of COVID-19 and is grateful for the staff at City of Killeen, Bell County, Bell County Public Health District and the Texas Military Department for their commitment to the health and safety of the community, Maya said.
Read the original here:
KISD: Hundreds of children received free COVID-19 vaccine Thursday - The Killeen Daily Herald
- COVID-19 vaccine clinic for kids age 5-11 this Saturday at Riverbend City and Borough of Juneau - City and Borough of Juneau - December 3rd, 2021
- AdventHealth suspends COVID-19 vaccine requirements for employees - West Orange Times & Windermere Observer - December 3rd, 2021
- Get vaccinated before the holidays at Oshkosh's popup COVID-19 vaccine clinic - Fox11online.com - December 3rd, 2021
- What will tomorrow's Covid-19 vaccines be like? - BBC News - December 3rd, 2021
- Europe Sees Boost in Uptake of Covid-19 Shots but Vaccine Mandates Are Still on the Table - The Wall Street Journal - December 3rd, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccines are not gene therapy and a Forbes article doesn't say they are - PolitiFact - December 3rd, 2021
- COVID-19 Update: CTTP hours during finals and break, COVID-19 Vaccines and Flu Shots - Carolina Together : Carolina Together - Carolina Together - December 3rd, 2021
- Celebrity Kids Getting the COVID-19 Vaccine: Photos - Us Weekly - December 3rd, 2021
- Czechs to mandate COVID-19 vaccination for over 60s -news website - Reuters - December 3rd, 2021
- DeKalb County is offering $100 to everyone who gets COVID-19 vaccine there - 11Alive.com WXIA - December 3rd, 2021
- Top 10 counties with the highest COVID-19 vaccination rate in Virginia - 8News - December 3rd, 2021
- With Queensland about to open its border, COVID-19 vaccine hesitancy is waning but protests are getting bigger - ABC News - December 3rd, 2021
- Factbox: What COVID-19 vaccine and drug makers have to say about Omicron - Reuters - December 3rd, 2021
- Mongolian Government To Build On COVID-19 Vaccine And Booster Success - PRNewswire - December 3rd, 2021
- How quickly does protection wane after the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine? - Medical News Today - December 2nd, 2021
- Greece will mandate the COVID-19 vaccine for anyone over 60, or make them pay fines - NPR - December 2nd, 2021
- First COVID-19 vaccine administered in Washington is given to 13 healthcare workers on December 15, 2020. - HistoryLink.org - December 2nd, 2021
- There's no proof COVID-19 vaccines are causing healthy athletes to collapse - PolitiFact - December 2nd, 2021
- First U.S. omicron patient was fully vaccinated and has mild Covid symptoms, officials say - CNBC - December 2nd, 2021
- New data on the link between COVID-19 vaccines and myopericarditis - Cardiovascular Business - December 2nd, 2021
- Italy approves COVID-19 vaccination for 5-11 year olds - Reuters - December 2nd, 2021
- Contributor: While Many Americans Refuse COVID-19 Vaccination, People Affected by HIV Have Been Waiting for 40 Years - AJMC.com Managed Markets... - December 2nd, 2021
- Health officials recommend getting COVID-19 vaccine and booster as they learn more about Omicron variant - whnt.com - December 2nd, 2021
- Maryland-Based Vaccine Manufacturer Developing COVID-19 Vaccine That Targets Omicron Variant - CBS Baltimore - December 2nd, 2021
- Omicron brings COVID-19 vaccine inequity home to roost - Boston.com - December 2nd, 2021
- European Union mulling mandatory COVID-19 vaccinations - Fox News - December 2nd, 2021
- Hundreds of NYC correction officers to be suspended for failing to meet COVID-19 vaccination deadline - Fox News - December 2nd, 2021
- KDHE Vaccine KS | Official Website - November 29th, 2021
- COVID Vaccine Eat This Not That - November 29th, 2021
- Why Moderna refuses to share the rights for a COVID-19 vaccine developed with taxpayer funding - Milwaukee Independent - November 29th, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccine Makers Assess Omicron Response - The Wall Street Journal - November 29th, 2021
- Moderna says its COVID-19 vaccine protective, safe in ... - November 29th, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccine and Omicron Variant: Live Updates - The New York Times - November 29th, 2021
- Social media on the acceptance of the COVID-19 vaccine | PPA - Dove Medical Press - November 29th, 2021
- Are covid-19 vaccines effective against the omicron variant? - Quartz - November 29th, 2021
- Vaccine booster time frame to be reviewed as COVID-19 Omicron variant appears in Australia - ABC News - November 29th, 2021
- Former WH advisor: Trump would already have new vaccines for Omicron - Business Insider - November 29th, 2021
- Egypt is one step away from its first national COVID-19 vaccine - Egypt Independent - November 29th, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccines or Infections: Which Carries the Stronger Immunity? - The Wall Street Journal - November 27th, 2021
- COVID19 Vaccine Tracker - November 27th, 2021
- COVID hit this family twice, but vaccines blunted reinfections : Shots - Health News - NPR - November 27th, 2021
- NC Marines involved in litigation over COVID-19 vaccine mandate - Jacksonville Daily News - November 27th, 2021
- Union County Offers Additional Sites for Free COVID-19 Vaccines and Booster Shots this Week County of Union, New Jersey - UCNJ.org - November 27th, 2021
- Some LGBTQ+ people worry that the COVID-19 vaccine will affect HIV medication. It won't. - WFAE - November 27th, 2021
- Johnson & Johnson Covid-19 Vaccine Recipients Often Shift to Other Boosters - The Wall Street Journal - November 27th, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: Antibodies more than halved after 6 months - Medical News Today - November 27th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccines Tested in Low-Income Countries, But Distributed in Wealthy Nations - Contagionlive.com - November 27th, 2021
- WHO labels new Covid strain, named omicron, a 'variant of concern,' citing possible increased reinfection risk - CNBC - November 27th, 2021
- COVID-19: Top news stories about the coronavirus pandemic on 26 November | World Economic Forum - World Economic Forum - November 27th, 2021
- How one discredited 1998 study paved the way for today's anti-vaxxers - Salon - November 27th, 2021
- Letter to the editor: Shame on Vail Resorts for COVID-19 vaccine mandate - Summit Daily News - November 27th, 2021
- Omicron concerns should spur millions of unvaccinated Americans to get their Covid shots, experts say - CNN - November 27th, 2021
- Thanksgiving is possible this year because of Covid-19 vaccines - MSNBC - November 25th, 2021
- Could a COVID-19 vaccine patch be better than injections? - Aljazeera.com - November 25th, 2021
- Pediatric COVID-19 vaccine clinics happening next week, Nov. 29 Dec. 4 City and Borough of Juneau - City and Borough of Juneau - November 25th, 2021
- Pediatric COVID-19 vaccine supply catches up with demand in Indianapolis metro area - WISHTV.com - November 25th, 2021
- CDC authorizes COVID-19 vaccine booster doses for all adults ages 18 and up | Arizona Emergency information Network - az.gov - November 25th, 2021
- Poll: Majority of Thanksgiving hosts not requiring COVID-19 vaccine, masks - The Hill - November 25th, 2021
- The effectiveness of Covid-19 vaccines illustrated by two graphs - EL PAS in English - November 25th, 2021
- Gov. Hochul announces COVID-19 vaccine incentive aimed at outdoor enthusiasts - WKBW-TV - November 25th, 2021
- Yes, you can get the COVID-19 vaccine if you have mild cold symptoms: doctor - KRON4 - November 25th, 2021
- This Is How Many COVID-19 Vaccines Washington Has Received So Far - Patch.com - November 25th, 2021
- Governor Hochul Announces Direct Messaging Efforts to Increase COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Rates Among New Yorkers - NY.gov - November 25th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine - Southern Nevada Health District - November 23rd, 2021
- More than 90% of federal workers have had a shot by today's COVID-19 vaccine deadline - NPR - November 23rd, 2021
- Our COVID-19 Response Efforts | Johnson & Johnson - November 23rd, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Scheduling Options - November 23rd, 2021
- EU says decision on J&J COVID-19 vaccine booster dose 'within weeks' - Reuters - November 23rd, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccination status and time until return to work among healthcare workers - News-Medical.net - November 23rd, 2021
- MCPS softens COVID-19 vaccination mandate to allow for weekly testing instead - BethesdaMagazine.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Plenty of COVID-19 vaccine appointments available in Triangle ahead of the holiday - CBS17.com - November 23rd, 2021
- Many men dont take good care of themselves. COVID-19 vaccine rates are the latest in a problem as old as medicine. - The Philadelphia Inquirer - November 23rd, 2021
- Chicago Hits Goal As 77% Of Residents 12 And Older Have Gotten 1 Shot Of COVID-19 Vaccine - Block Club Chicago - November 23rd, 2021
- New UMass Amherst/WCVB poll on children being vaccinated against COVID-19 - WCVB Boston - November 23rd, 2021
- Maui Pediatrician Discusses Safety and Efficacy of the COVID-19 Vaccine in Kids - Maui Now - November 21st, 2021
- 20 counties with the highest COVID-19 vaccination rate in California - KTLA - November 21st, 2021
- Why Moderna wont share rights to the COVID-19 vaccine with the government that paid for its development - KRQE News 13 - November 21st, 2021
- 6-year-old son of Boston Mayor Michelle Wu receives first dose of COVID-19 vaccine - WCVB Boston - November 21st, 2021
- More than half of Athens County has begun the COVID-19 vaccination process as of Nov. 20 - WOUB - November 21st, 2021
- Unvaccinated-Only Lockdowns Come to Europe - The Atlantic - November 21st, 2021