Nurses, firefighters, doctors, pharmacists and others have worked together to administer more than four million doses of COVID-19 vaccine statewide through Sunday.
According to a tweet from Gov. Greg Abbott, not only has the state surpassed four million doses, the last million doses were given out in just the last eight days.
Full coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak and how it impacts you
Data from the Texas Department of State Health Services show more than 111,000 doses of vaccine are headed to North Texas this week, about one-third of the state's weekly allotment. Winter weather, however, may delay or cancel some vaccine clinics so be sure to check with your provider if you have an appointment to receive the vaccination.
Even more doses of COVID-19 vaccine will be available the following week when FEMA is expected to open vaccine supersites in Arlington and Dallas where federal officials plan to vaccinate more than 10,000 people per day starting Feb. 24.
The vaccines sent to the supersites are on top of the ones already being distributed around the area.
Want to Get on a Vaccine Waitlist?
As the state begins to distribute the COVID-19 vaccines for those in Phase 1A and 1B, county health departments have begun waitlists for those wish to be inoculated.
You can now register to recieve the vaccination in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties. Links are below:
Waitlist Links: Collin - Search Waitlist | Dallas | Denton | Tarrant
You do not need to be a resident of the county to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in that county -- registration is open to anyone in Texas. For those without internet access, Tarrant County is also taking registrations by phone at 817-248-6299. In Dallas County, call the DCHHS vaccine hotline at 1-855-IMMUNE9 (1-855-466-8639). In Denton County, call 940-349-2585.
The vaccine is currently only being administered to those who are part of Phase 1A and 1B, as outlined by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Those in Phase 1A are front-line healthcare workers or residents of long-term care facilities. Phase 1B includes those who are over the age of 65, or those over the age of 16 with a chronic medical condition that puts them at risk for severe illness.
The DSHS said Feb. 4 they are continuing to discuss when to expand vaccine availability to group 1C and whether or not that group will include teachers.
Once vaccinated, people are expected to get some level of protection within a couple of weeks after the first shot, but full protection may not happen until a couple of weeks after the second shot. Even when fully vaccinated, it's still possible to become infected by the virus since the vaccine does not offer 100% protection.
The Texas DSHS advises that the vaccine will not be readily available for the general public until late spring or early summer 2021.
Continue reading here:
More Than 4 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Have Been Given in Texas; Supersites Arrive Next Week - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- Who should skip the second shot of coronavirus vaccine? Weve got answers - cleveland.com - March 4th, 2021
- Explained: As you take the Covid-19 vaccine, some dos and donts - The Indian Express - March 4th, 2021
- "Corona Virus Vaccine Market Size is Projected to reach 75.75 Billion by end of 2021, Says Brandessence Market Research" USA - PRNewswire - March 4th, 2021
- Indias Covid-19 Vaccine Is Found Effective, Boosting National Efforts - The Wall Street Journal - March 4th, 2021
- Latest COVID-19 vaccination numbers in DC, Maryland and Virginia - WTOP - March 4th, 2021
- Situation Update: Response to COVID-19 in Indonesia (As of 1 March 2021) [EN/ID] - Indonesia - ReliefWeb - March 4th, 2021
- Dietary Supplement Use and COVID-19: What You Need to Know - JD Supra - March 4th, 2021
- Texas is diverting thousands of COVID-19 vaccine doses away from Dallas County, Judge Jenkins says - WFAA.com - March 2nd, 2021
- The latest on the coronavirus pandemic and vaccines: Live updated - CNN - March 2nd, 2021
- FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization for Third COVID-19 Vaccine - FDA.gov - February 28th, 2021
- Coronavirus UK news update Covid alert drops from 5 to 4 as Queen asks Brits wary of vaccine to think abo - The Sun - February 26th, 2021
- Who is next on the priority list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be contacted? - Telegraph.co.uk - February 26th, 2021
- The Covid-19 vaccines reduce transmission. Heres the evidence. - Vox.com - February 24th, 2021
- India's Covid vaccine maker told to meet domestic demand first, urges 'rest of the world' to be patient - CNBC - February 24th, 2021
- Governor Lamont Announces Connecticut Will Continue Age-Based Approach To COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility; Educators and Childcare Providers To Have... - February 24th, 2021
- Australian Open crowd boos at mention of coronavirus vaccines and Victorian government after Novak Djokovic's win - ABC News - February 22nd, 2021
- Quixplained: What is the South African variant of Covid-19? - The Indian Express - February 20th, 2021
- Texas power outage, storm delay COVID-19 vaccine deliveries, injections - The Texas Tribune - February 20th, 2021
- How many Covid vaccinations have been given in my area? Use our postcode tool to find out - Telegraph.co.uk - February 20th, 2021
- Who is next on the priority list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be contacted? - The Telegraph - February 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 tests, not to be confused with vaccine, in LA to be available without appointment next week - FOX 11 Los Angeles - February 20th, 2021
- New coronavirus variants are emerging across the globe: Everything we know - CNET - February 18th, 2021
- Heres why some coronavirus vaccine suppliers say they arent selling to provinces - Global News - February 18th, 2021
- The superspreaders behind top COVID-19 conspiracy theories - The Associated Press - February 16th, 2021
- India is set to become a vital Covid vaccine maker perhaps second only to the U.S. - CNBC - February 16th, 2021
- Oxford Covid-19 vaccine Q&A: How effective is it, and how is it different to the Pfizer vaccine? - Telegraph.co.uk - February 16th, 2021
- Boris Johnson says move to ease lockdown will be irreversible - The Independent - February 16th, 2021
- Explained: Are new Covid-19 variants detected in the US more contagious? - The Indian Express - February 16th, 2021
- 78-Year-Old Woman Dies After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine; No Link Suspected - NBC Southern California - February 14th, 2021
- Here's Who Will Be Eligible for the COVID Vaccine in Illinois Starting Next Week - NBC Chicago - February 14th, 2021
- Coronavirus UK news LIVE Britain to hit 15m Covid vaccination target TODAY as plan to get out of lockdown l - The Sun - February 14th, 2021
- A doctor had 6 hours to use a vial of COVID-19 vaccine before it expired, so he gave the shots to 10 people. For that, he was fired. - Chicago Tribune - February 12th, 2021
- Memphis surgeon dies of COVID-related illness weeks after receiving second COVID vaccine - WREG NewsChannel 3 - February 12th, 2021
- Where to sign up for COVID-19 vaccine in Austin, Travis County area - KXAN.com - February 11th, 2021
- Pfizer and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines are just the beginning. Will Australia miss out on the mRNA medical revolution? - ABC News - February 9th, 2021
- Covid UK news LIVE Over 70s URGED to chase coronavirus vaccine slots as Brits told too early to book summe - The Sun - February 9th, 2021
- UK coronavirus LIVE: Brits face third AstraZeneca vaccine as over-70s urged to contact NHS for jab - Evening Standard - February 9th, 2021
- LIVE BLOG: North Carolina bills for COVID-19 relief, mandatory in-person schooling working through General Assembly - WXII12 Winston-Salem - February 6th, 2021
- New COVID-19 prediction models forecast a potential fourth wave and how to minimize it - GeekWire - February 6th, 2021
- Covid UK news Most adults will be vaccinated by May leaked letter reveals as it emerged pub curfew to be s - The Sun - February 6th, 2021
- The priority list for the Covid vaccines - and how you will be contacted - Telegraph.co.uk - February 6th, 2021
- Select Texas CVS Pharmacy locations to begin administering COVID-19 vaccines next week - KXAN.com - February 4th, 2021
- The Second COVID-19 Shot Is a Rude Reawakening for Immune Cells - The Atlantic - February 4th, 2021
- You think it's taking too long for Covid vaccination? Global Vaccine Timeline stretched to 2023! - Sierra Wave - February 4th, 2021
- What to Know About Covid-19 and the 2021 Super Bowl - The New York Times - February 4th, 2021
- A Primer on the COVID-19 Vaccines Available in the United States - Davidson News - February 1st, 2021
- Go read this story about how bad software helped slow coronavirus vaccine distribution - The Verge - February 1st, 2021
- Tax season 2021: Stimulus payments, unemployment and every other major change - CNET - January 30th, 2021
- Oregon COVID-19 vaccine update: More than 300,000 people have received at least one dose - KGW.com - January 30th, 2021
- How to get the COVID-19 vaccine from Walgreens - WFLA - January 29th, 2021
- California And COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout: Why Can't The State Get It Right? - NPR - January 29th, 2021
- Here's how local residents 65 and older can register for the COVID-19 vaccine - WPBF West Palm Beach - January 29th, 2021
- Coronavirus UK news Every covid vaccine UK paid for will STAY in this country despite furious EU demands, G - The Sun - January 29th, 2021
- CVS to Begin Offering COVID-19 Vaccinations in February - 9 & 10 News - 9&10 News - January 27th, 2021
- COVID-19: WHO races to develop vaccination card - DW (English) - January 27th, 2021
- Will you be getting the vaccination shot - WCBI - January 27th, 2021
- China Wanted to Show Off Its Vaccines. Its Backfiring. - The New York Times - January 27th, 2021
- When and where can I get my coronavirus vaccination in the Bay Area? - San Francisco Chronicle - January 27th, 2021
- Oxford Covid-19 vaccine Q&A: How effective is it, and how is it different to the Pfizer vaccine? - The Telegraph - January 27th, 2021
- Texas will receive 332,750 first doses of COVID-19 vaccines this week, DSHS says - KXAN.com - January 25th, 2021
- W.H.O. Finally Lands in China to Begin Tracing the Coronavirus - The New York Times - January 25th, 2021
- $1,400 stimulus should go only to those who get COVID-19 vaccine, Congressman says - AL.com - January 25th, 2021
- Riverside County says new COVID-19 vaccine website will help after online frustration with appointment setting - KTLA - January 23rd, 2021
- Here's Where To Pre-Register For The COVID-19 Vaccine In The St. Louis Area - St. Louis Public Radio - January 23rd, 2021
- How Beijing Turned Chinas Covid-19 Tragedy to Its Advantage - The New York Times - January 23rd, 2021
- Getting the COVID-19 vaccine in L.A.: From tears to triumph - Los Angeles Times - January 23rd, 2021
- India starts supplying COVID-19 shots to neighboring nations - The Associated Press - January 23rd, 2021
- VERIFY: What happens if I get the 1st dose of the COVID-19 vaccine but delay the 2nd? - KING5.com - January 23rd, 2021
- The priority list for the Covid vaccines - and how you will be contacted - The Telegraph - January 23rd, 2021
- Facing a crush of COVID-19 patients, ICUs are completely full in at least 50 Texas hospitals - The Texas Tribune - January 23rd, 2021
- When will the COVID-19 vaccine be available to everyone? Texas is still in Phase 1, but here's a guess - KHOU.com - January 21st, 2021
- mRNA coronavirus vaccines were developed in record time. Dont be fearful of the speed - Boston Herald - January 21st, 2021
- Some Healthcare Workers to Get 2nd Dose of COVID-19 Vaccine Today - NBC Connecticut - January 19th, 2021
- Understanding The COVID-19 Vaccination Timeline - CBS Pittsburgh - January 19th, 2021
- Pasadena begins offering COVID-19 vaccine to city residents 75 and over, but supplies are limited - Los Angeles Times - January 19th, 2021
- Heres whos getting the COVID-19 vaccine in Central Texas in 6th week of rollout - KXAN.com - January 19th, 2021
- Thousands flocking to virus vaccination sites across Alabama - FOX10 News - January 19th, 2021
- Hays County now approved to be COVID-19 vaccine hub, but getting the shot could be challenging - KXAN.com - January 19th, 2021
- Gov. Abbott to give COVID-19 vaccination update at 12:15 p.m. - KXAN.com - January 19th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine | Everything you need to know in Virginia and North Carolina - 13newsnow.com WVEC - January 19th, 2021