Nurses, firefighters, doctors, pharmacists and others have worked together to administer more than four million doses of COVID-19 vaccine statewide through Sunday.
According to a tweet from Gov. Greg Abbott, not only has the state surpassed four million doses, the last million doses were given out in just the last eight days.
Full coverage of the COVID-19 outbreak and how it impacts you
Data from the Texas Department of State Health Services show more than 111,000 doses of vaccine are headed to North Texas this week, about one-third of the state's weekly allotment. Winter weather, however, may delay or cancel some vaccine clinics so be sure to check with your provider if you have an appointment to receive the vaccination.
Even more doses of COVID-19 vaccine will be available the following week when FEMA is expected to open vaccine supersites in Arlington and Dallas where federal officials plan to vaccinate more than 10,000 people per day starting Feb. 24.
The vaccines sent to the supersites are on top of the ones already being distributed around the area.
Want to Get on a Vaccine Waitlist?
As the state begins to distribute the COVID-19 vaccines for those in Phase 1A and 1B, county health departments have begun waitlists for those wish to be inoculated.
You can now register to recieve the vaccination in Collin, Dallas, Denton and Tarrant counties. Links are below:
Waitlist Links: Collin - Search Waitlist | Dallas | Denton | Tarrant
You do not need to be a resident of the county to register for a COVID-19 vaccine in that county -- registration is open to anyone in Texas. For those without internet access, Tarrant County is also taking registrations by phone at 817-248-6299. In Dallas County, call the DCHHS vaccine hotline at 1-855-IMMUNE9 (1-855-466-8639). In Denton County, call 940-349-2585.
The vaccine is currently only being administered to those who are part of Phase 1A and 1B, as outlined by the Texas Department of State Health Services. Those in Phase 1A are front-line healthcare workers or residents of long-term care facilities. Phase 1B includes those who are over the age of 65, or those over the age of 16 with a chronic medical condition that puts them at risk for severe illness.
The DSHS said Feb. 4 they are continuing to discuss when to expand vaccine availability to group 1C and whether or not that group will include teachers.
Once vaccinated, people are expected to get some level of protection within a couple of weeks after the first shot, but full protection may not happen until a couple of weeks after the second shot. Even when fully vaccinated, it's still possible to become infected by the virus since the vaccine does not offer 100% protection.
The Texas DSHS advises that the vaccine will not be readily available for the general public until late spring or early summer 2021.
Continue reading here:
More Than 4 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Have Been Given in Texas; Supersites Arrive Next Week - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth
- High Hopes for Johnson & Johnsons Covid Vaccine Have Fizzled in the U.S. - The New York Times - June 19th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccination: Why do you experience a sore arm after your COVID-19 vaccination? - Times of India - June 19th, 2021
- While mRNA saved the COVID-19 day, GSK and Sanofi vaccines likely safe beyond pandemic: analysts - FiercePharma - June 19th, 2021
- As California reopens, 6 things you need to know about COVID-19 - CalMatters - June 16th, 2021
- Can Vaccinated People Transmit COVID-19 to Others? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - June 16th, 2021
- Getting vaccinated | Coronavirus Victoria - June 13th, 2021
- Coronavirus Vaccine Appointments | Allegheny Health Network - June 13th, 2021
- Pfizer, Moderna vaccines reduce infection risk by 91%; COVID-19 causes more complications in children than th - cleveland.com - June 11th, 2021
- U.S. Covid Vaccine Donations Will Go to 'Wide Range' of Nations - The New York Times - June 7th, 2021
- Well Probably Need Booster Shots for Covid-19. But When? And Which Ones? - The New York Times - June 7th, 2021
- Covid UK news live - Infection surge continues with 5,341 new cases today - The Independent - June 7th, 2021
- Are Handshakes Safe If Youve Been Vaccinated for COVID-19? - Health Essentials from Cleveland Clinic - June 7th, 2021
- Heart reaction probed as possible rare vaccine link in teens - The Associated Press - June 5th, 2021
- 70% of adults in 12 states have received at least 1 COVID vaccine dose: CDC - ABC News - June 3rd, 2021
- Covid News: New Virus Variant Races Through Britain and Poses Fresh Threat as Global Vaccination Drive Falters - The New York Times - June 3rd, 2021
- COVID-19: UK records another six coronavirus deaths as more than 25 million people receive two vaccine doses - Sky News - May 31st, 2021
- Will We Need a COVID-19 Vaccine Booster Shot? - Healthline - May 31st, 2021
- Ways to revive your skin post Covid-19 recovery - Times of India - May 31st, 2021
- Watch: What Nick Offerman told Congress about the COVID-19 vaccine - Deseret News - May 31st, 2021
- Production of another COVID-19 vaccine to begin in weeks - ABC News - May 31st, 2021
- Connecticut has seen 18 cases of heart inflammation after COVID-19 vaccination. But doctors say teens and young adults should still get the shot -... - May 27th, 2021
- Who is next on the list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be invited to book an appointment? - The Telegraph - May 27th, 2021
- CDC Will Not Investigate Mild Infections in Vaccinated Americans - The New York Times - May 26th, 2021
- The women possibly at higher risk for Covid-19 that no one is talking about - CNN - May 24th, 2021
- CDC looking at reports of heart problem in a few young vaccine recipients - Chicago Tribune - May 24th, 2021
- For Colleges, Coronavirus Vaccine Mandates Often Depend on Which Party Is in Power - The New York Times - May 24th, 2021
- Do COVID-19 vaccines care whether you're female or male? - MSUToday - May 22nd, 2021
- Covid News: New York and New Jersey Make Big Moves to Reopen - The New York Times - May 22nd, 2021
- Philippines Says People Won't Be Given A Choice Of COVID-19 Vaccine : Coronavirus Updates - NPR - May 20th, 2021
- A universal vaccine for coronavirus and some common colds? Seattle scientists are working on it - KING5.com - May 18th, 2021
- How The Covid-19 Vaccine Injected Billions Into Big PharmaAnd Made Its Executives Very Rich - Forbes - May 15th, 2021
- CDC Says Kids As Young As 12 Should Get The Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine - NPR - May 13th, 2021
- CDC's slow, cautious Covid-19 messaging seems out of step with moment - STAT - May 12th, 2021
- The latest on Covid-19 and India's worsening crisis: Live updates - CNN International - May 8th, 2021
- When will the COVID-19 pandemic end? It depends on what people do as coronavirus restrictions ease. - News@Northeastern - May 8th, 2021
- Global PCR and Realtime PCR Testing Market Report 2021: COVID-19 Impacts, Implications and Growth Forecast to 2025 & 2030 - ResearchAndMarkets.com... - May 6th, 2021
- So coronavirus vaccines arent perfect. Theyre still very, very effective - The San Diego Union-Tribune - May 4th, 2021
- Alarm grows in Africa as it watches India's COVID-19 crisis - The Associated Press - May 4th, 2021
- Finding the Universal Coronavirus Vaccine - The Atlantic - May 2nd, 2021
- THURSDAY UPDATES: Boone County first in state with beginning and completing coronavirus vaccine with percent of population - ABC17NEWS - ABC17News.com - April 30th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccination numbers are on the decline - KENS5.com - April 28th, 2021
- Emerging Markets Report: The Rich Get Richer - April 26th, 2021
- MediPharm Labs Expands Global Portfolio in 9 Countries Including Medical and Wellness Customers for Turnkey Manufacturing and Distribution Solutions;... - April 26th, 2021
- ContraFect Invited to Participate in the Cystic Fibrosis Target Product Profile Virtual Symposium - April 26th, 2021
- Avicanna Provides Bi-Weekly Update On Status Of Management Cease Trade Order - April 26th, 2021
- Auxly Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results and Provides Outlook for 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- InMed Pharmaceuticals Achieves 2g/L Cannabinoid Yield with IntegraSyn™ - April 26th, 2021
- Mydecine to Report Full Year 2020 Financial Results on May 3, 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- Nephros Announces First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Conference Call - April 26th, 2021
- TG Therapeutics to Participate in the B. Riley Securities Neuroscience Conference - April 26th, 2021
- Rubius Therapeutics to Announce First Quarter 2021 Financial Results - April 26th, 2021
- Progenity to Present Two Abstracts for Novel Ingestible Drug Delivery Technologies at Digestive Disease Week 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- Voyager Therapeutics Receives FDA Clearance of IND Application for Gene Therapy Candidate VY-HTT01 for Treatment of Huntington’s Disease - April 26th, 2021
- Genetic Technologies’ COVID-19 Risk Test Approved for Commercial Release - April 26th, 2021
- Pacific Biosciences Launches New HiFi Sequencing Workflow to Further Improve HiFi’s Industry Leading Accuracy - April 26th, 2021
- ADMA Biologics Opens Newest ADMA BioCenters Plasma Collection Facility in Goose Creek, S.C. - April 26th, 2021
- Intercept to Announce First Quarter 2021 Financial Results on May 6, 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- Vaxart to Host a Key Opinion Leader Webinar on the Importance of T-Cell Responses for COVID-19 Vaccines - April 26th, 2021
- Akero Therapeutics Appoints Yuan Xu to its Board of Directors - April 26th, 2021
- Saniona to Present at Multiple Upcoming Investor Conferences - April 26th, 2021
- BioCardia Signs Agreement with Leading Japanese Biotechnology Company for Catheter Biotherapeutic Delivery Product Candidates - April 26th, 2021
- The benefits of J&J vaccine and birth control outweigh tiny risk of blood clots - MarketWatch - April 19th, 2021
- Coronavirus news live: Latest as lockdown easing sees shops and pubs crowded - The Independent - April 12th, 2021
- Covid UK: coronavirus cases, deaths and vaccinations today - The Guardian - April 12th, 2021
- Asia Today: India records another surge in COVID-19 cases - The Associated Press - April 12th, 2021
- The Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine Is Less Effective Against The South African And UK Variants Than Against The Original Virus, According To A New... - April 12th, 2021
- How Long Should You Wait To Get the Vaccine After Having COVID-19? - ideastream - April 9th, 2021
- What you should (and shouldn't) do with your vaccination card - KING5.com - April 9th, 2021
- UC Davis Health opening vaccinations up to anyone 16 and older | COVID-19 Updates in Northern California - ABC10.com KXTV - April 7th, 2021
- Can Vaccinated People Spread the Virus? - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Germany to restrict AstraZeneca use in under-60s over clots - The Associated Press - April 5th, 2021
- The COVID-19 vaccine side effects you can expect based on your age, sex, and dose - Business Insider - April 5th, 2021
- Covid-19: Johnson & Johnson Put in Charge of Plant That Ruined Millions of Vaccine Doses - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Germany restricts use of AstraZeneca vaccine to over 60s in most cases - DW (English) - April 5th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccines with a side of fried fish are on the Good Friday menu in Central City - NOLA.com - April 3rd, 2021
- Explained: Making sense of Indias Covid-19 data - The Indian Express - April 3rd, 2021
- 35 Pa. counties have substantial spread of COVID-19; positive test rate rises for second week in a row - PennLive - March 30th, 2021
- Covid-19 News: In-Person School Attendance Inches Up but Roadblocks Remain - The New York Times - March 30th, 2021
- COVID-19 cases surging in Pa. and N.J. as variants spread; Biden sets goal of 200 million vaccinations by end - The Philadelphia Inquirer - March 28th, 2021
- Why Supply Isnt the Only Thing Stymying Europes Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout - The New York Times - March 26th, 2021