As of 28 February 2021, the Indonesian Government has announced 1,334,634 confirmed cases of COVID-19 in all 34 provinces in Indonesia, with 155,765 active cases, 36,166 deaths, and 1,142,703 people that have recovered from the illness. The government has also reported 71,668 suspected cases.
Recently, the bed occupancy rate (the number of filled beds and patients in Covid-19 referral hospitals) has decreased at the national level. There is no hospital occupancy rate that is above 70 percent, with the highest rate in Banten Province at 65 percent. as of 22 February 2021. Similarly, the occupancy rate of ICUs in COVID-19 referral hospitals in seven provinces of Java and Bali Islands has also decreased, with an average below 70 percent. This data shows an improvement in the situation, compared to that of January 2021.
Following a 6.2 magnitude earthquake that occurred in West Sulawesi Province on 15 January 2021, the provincial COVID-19 Task Force reported significant increases of the number of COVID-19 infections in the province; on 6 January 2,020 COVID-19 confirmed cases were detected, and the number skyrocketed to 5,042 confirmed infected people on 19 February. Earthquake survivors, community and humanitarian responders have been requested to strictly apply the health protocols of wearing masks, washing hands frequently and maintaining social distance.
On 18 February, the Head of the COVID-19 Response and National Economic Recovery team (PCPEN) announced that Indonesia has secured more than 420 million doses of the vaccine for 180 million people; for 2021 the total amounts to 340.5 million vaccines (consisting of 125.5 million of the Sinovac vaccine, 52 million of Novavax, 54 million Covax / Gavi, 59 million of AstraZeneca, and 50 million doses of Pfizer); in 2022 totals will amount to 86.3 million vaccines (Novavax 22 million, Covax / Gavi 24 million, AstraZeneca 23.8 million, and Pfizer 16.5 million doses).
Vaccinations for medical workers are ongoing, and the implementation of the second phase of vaccination targeting 21.5 million elderly people and workforce in selected sectors started in mid-February 2020. As of 26 February, about 2.6 million doses of the coronavirus vaccine have been administered in Indonesia. As many as 1.6 million citizens have received the vaccine, with around one million of them having received the second shot of the vaccine that is coproduced by the state-owned pharmaceutical company Bio Farma and Sinovac Biotech.
The private vaccination scheme (Gotong Royong or Mandiri) will run alongside with the national programme, following the Regulation by the Minister of Health, Number 10 of 2021 concerning the Implementation of Vaccinations in the Context of the COVID-19 Pandemic, stipulated on 24 February 2021. The private scheme will target employees, family members and other related individuals. Currently, more than 8,000 companies have signed up for the private scheme, with procurement to be done through PT Bio Farma and PT Kimia Farma.
After evaluating the Restrictions on the Conduct of Public Activities (PPKM) in Java and Bali, which began on 11 January 2021, the Government implemented a micro-scale PPKM that started on 9 February 2021 and is based on the Minister of Home Affairs Instruction Number 3 of 2021. In micro-scale PPKM, there are provisions for the establishment of a Command Post for the COVID-19 response at the village level, which is tasked to manage the following zoning at the neighborhood (RT - Rukun Tetangga) level:
Green zone: no cases of corona virus transmission in one RT area.
Yellow zone: there are 1-5 houses that have confirmed positive for Covid-19 in one RT during the last seven days.
Orange zone: there are 6-10 houses with positive confirmed cases in one RT during the last seven days.
Red zone: there are more than ten houses with positive confirmed cases in one RT during the last seven days.In this red zone, a ban on crowds of more than three people and out-and-out activities starting at 8:00 p.m. and the closure of public facilities such as places of worship, children's playgrounds and other public facilities are implemented.
The Micro-scale PPKM also adjusts operating hours of restaurants and shopping centers to 21:00 hours, and a maximum of 50 percent work from office. The micro-scale PPKM will last until 8 March 2021, with a possible extension.
Programs on the COVID-19 response and national economic recovery in 2021 continue, with an adjusted Government budget of IDR. 699.4 trillion. The budget includes four aspects:
Health: IDR. 176.3 trillion,
Social protection: IDR. 157.4 trillion,
Financial support to micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs) and cooperatives: IDR. 186.8 trillion,
Business and taxes: IDR. 53.9 trillion, and
Priority Program: IDR. 125.1 trillion.
Situation Update: Response to COVID-19 in Indonesia (As of 1 March 2021) [EN/ID] - Indonesia - ReliefWeb
- Coronavirus news live: Latest as lockdown easing sees shops and pubs crowded - The Independent - April 12th, 2021
- Covid UK: coronavirus cases, deaths and vaccinations today - The Guardian - April 12th, 2021
- Asia Today: India records another surge in COVID-19 cases - The Associated Press - April 12th, 2021
- The Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine Is Less Effective Against The South African And UK Variants Than Against The Original Virus, According To A New... - April 12th, 2021
- How Long Should You Wait To Get the Vaccine After Having COVID-19? - ideastream - April 9th, 2021
- What you should (and shouldn't) do with your vaccination card - KING5.com - April 9th, 2021
- UC Davis Health opening vaccinations up to anyone 16 and older | COVID-19 Updates in Northern California - ABC10.com KXTV - April 7th, 2021
- Can Vaccinated People Spread the Virus? - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Germany to restrict AstraZeneca use in under-60s over clots - The Associated Press - April 5th, 2021
- The COVID-19 vaccine side effects you can expect based on your age, sex, and dose - Business Insider - April 5th, 2021
- Covid-19: Johnson & Johnson Put in Charge of Plant That Ruined Millions of Vaccine Doses - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Germany restricts use of AstraZeneca vaccine to over 60s in most cases - DW (English) - April 5th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccines with a side of fried fish are on the Good Friday menu in Central City - NOLA.com - April 3rd, 2021
- Explained: Making sense of Indias Covid-19 data - The Indian Express - April 3rd, 2021
- 35 Pa. counties have substantial spread of COVID-19; positive test rate rises for second week in a row - PennLive - March 30th, 2021
- Covid-19 News: In-Person School Attendance Inches Up but Roadblocks Remain - The New York Times - March 30th, 2021
- COVID-19 cases surging in Pa. and N.J. as variants spread; Biden sets goal of 200 million vaccinations by end - The Philadelphia Inquirer - March 28th, 2021
- Why Supply Isnt the Only Thing Stymying Europes Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout - The New York Times - March 26th, 2021
- All Georgia adults will be eligible for coronavirus vaccines starting Thursday - Atlanta Journal Constitution - March 26th, 2021
- COVID Vaccine (COVID-19 Immunization Updates) | CVS Pharmacy - March 24th, 2021
- Mavericks won't require their players to get the coronavirus vaccine - The Official Home of the - Mavs.com - March 24th, 2021
- Health experts give green light to Janssen COVID jab, allay clotting concerns - UN News - March 20th, 2021
- New York City marks anniversary of 1st COVID-19 death with memorial services - ABC News - March 15th, 2021
- Will I have to wear a mask after getting the Covid vaccine? The science explained - The Guardian - March 15th, 2021
- Health Department ignored red flags in Philly Fighting COVID partnership, inspector general says - The Philadelphia Inquirer - March 11th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccination scam calls reported in Bay and Saginaw counties - MLive.com - March 11th, 2021
- When will children be able to get COVID-19 vaccines? - KHOU.com - March 8th, 2021
- What you need to know about the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine - WHYY - March 8th, 2021
- People who have had COVID-19 might need only one shot of a coronavirus vaccine - Science News Magazine - March 6th, 2021
- "Corona Virus Vaccine Market Size is Projected to reach 75.75 Billion by end of 2021, Says Brandessence Market Research" - PR Newswire India - March 6th, 2021
- Who should skip the second shot of coronavirus vaccine? Weve got answers - cleveland.com - March 4th, 2021
- Explained: As you take the Covid-19 vaccine, some dos and donts - The Indian Express - March 4th, 2021
- "Corona Virus Vaccine Market Size is Projected to reach 75.75 Billion by end of 2021, Says Brandessence Market Research" USA - PRNewswire - March 4th, 2021
- Indias Covid-19 Vaccine Is Found Effective, Boosting National Efforts - The Wall Street Journal - March 4th, 2021
- Latest COVID-19 vaccination numbers in DC, Maryland and Virginia - WTOP - March 4th, 2021
- Dietary Supplement Use and COVID-19: What You Need to Know - JD Supra - March 4th, 2021
- Texas is diverting thousands of COVID-19 vaccine doses away from Dallas County, Judge Jenkins says - WFAA.com - March 2nd, 2021
- The latest on the coronavirus pandemic and vaccines: Live updated - CNN - March 2nd, 2021
- FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization for Third COVID-19 Vaccine - FDA.gov - February 28th, 2021
- Coronavirus UK news update Covid alert drops from 5 to 4 as Queen asks Brits wary of vaccine to think abo - The Sun - February 26th, 2021
- Who is next on the priority list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be contacted? - Telegraph.co.uk - February 26th, 2021
- The Covid-19 vaccines reduce transmission. Heres the evidence. - Vox.com - February 24th, 2021
- India's Covid vaccine maker told to meet domestic demand first, urges 'rest of the world' to be patient - CNBC - February 24th, 2021
- Governor Lamont Announces Connecticut Will Continue Age-Based Approach To COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility; Educators and Childcare Providers To Have... - February 24th, 2021
- Australian Open crowd boos at mention of coronavirus vaccines and Victorian government after Novak Djokovic's win - ABC News - February 22nd, 2021
- Quixplained: What is the South African variant of Covid-19? - The Indian Express - February 20th, 2021
- Texas power outage, storm delay COVID-19 vaccine deliveries, injections - The Texas Tribune - February 20th, 2021
- How many Covid vaccinations have been given in my area? Use our postcode tool to find out - Telegraph.co.uk - February 20th, 2021
- Who is next on the priority list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be contacted? - The Telegraph - February 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 tests, not to be confused with vaccine, in LA to be available without appointment next week - FOX 11 Los Angeles - February 20th, 2021
- New coronavirus variants are emerging across the globe: Everything we know - CNET - February 18th, 2021
- Heres why some coronavirus vaccine suppliers say they arent selling to provinces - Global News - February 18th, 2021
- More Than 4 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Have Been Given in Texas; Supersites Arrive Next Week - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth - February 16th, 2021
- The superspreaders behind top COVID-19 conspiracy theories - The Associated Press - February 16th, 2021
- India is set to become a vital Covid vaccine maker perhaps second only to the U.S. - CNBC - February 16th, 2021
- Oxford Covid-19 vaccine Q&A: How effective is it, and how is it different to the Pfizer vaccine? - Telegraph.co.uk - February 16th, 2021
- Boris Johnson says move to ease lockdown will be irreversible - The Independent - February 16th, 2021
- Explained: Are new Covid-19 variants detected in the US more contagious? - The Indian Express - February 16th, 2021
- 78-Year-Old Woman Dies After Receiving COVID-19 Vaccine; No Link Suspected - NBC Southern California - February 14th, 2021
- Here's Who Will Be Eligible for the COVID Vaccine in Illinois Starting Next Week - NBC Chicago - February 14th, 2021
- Coronavirus UK news LIVE Britain to hit 15m Covid vaccination target TODAY as plan to get out of lockdown l - The Sun - February 14th, 2021
- A doctor had 6 hours to use a vial of COVID-19 vaccine before it expired, so he gave the shots to 10 people. For that, he was fired. - Chicago Tribune - February 12th, 2021
- Memphis surgeon dies of COVID-related illness weeks after receiving second COVID vaccine - WREG NewsChannel 3 - February 12th, 2021
- Where to sign up for COVID-19 vaccine in Austin, Travis County area - KXAN.com - February 11th, 2021
- Pfizer and Moderna's COVID-19 vaccines are just the beginning. Will Australia miss out on the mRNA medical revolution? - ABC News - February 9th, 2021
- Covid UK news LIVE Over 70s URGED to chase coronavirus vaccine slots as Brits told too early to book summe - The Sun - February 9th, 2021
- UK coronavirus LIVE: Brits face third AstraZeneca vaccine as over-70s urged to contact NHS for jab - Evening Standard - February 9th, 2021
- LIVE BLOG: North Carolina bills for COVID-19 relief, mandatory in-person schooling working through General Assembly - WXII12 Winston-Salem - February 6th, 2021
- New COVID-19 prediction models forecast a potential fourth wave and how to minimize it - GeekWire - February 6th, 2021
- Covid UK news Most adults will be vaccinated by May leaked letter reveals as it emerged pub curfew to be s - The Sun - February 6th, 2021
- The priority list for the Covid vaccines - and how you will be contacted - Telegraph.co.uk - February 6th, 2021
- Select Texas CVS Pharmacy locations to begin administering COVID-19 vaccines next week - KXAN.com - February 4th, 2021
- The Second COVID-19 Shot Is a Rude Reawakening for Immune Cells - The Atlantic - February 4th, 2021
- You think it's taking too long for Covid vaccination? Global Vaccine Timeline stretched to 2023! - Sierra Wave - February 4th, 2021
- What to Know About Covid-19 and the 2021 Super Bowl - The New York Times - February 4th, 2021
- A Primer on the COVID-19 Vaccines Available in the United States - Davidson News - February 1st, 2021
- Go read this story about how bad software helped slow coronavirus vaccine distribution - The Verge - February 1st, 2021
- Tax season 2021: Stimulus payments, unemployment and every other major change - CNET - January 30th, 2021
- Oregon COVID-19 vaccine update: More than 300,000 people have received at least one dose - KGW.com - January 30th, 2021
- How to get the COVID-19 vaccine from Walgreens - WFLA - January 29th, 2021