On Monday night Facebook post, UC Davis Health said the appointments will be available for anyone 16 and older starting April 6.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. ABC10is following the latest coronavirus statistics and vaccine news for the Sacramento region and the state of California.
UC Davis opens up vaccinations to people 16 and older
More than a week ahead of the state's timeline, UC Davis Health is opening up the vaccinations to anybody 16 and older.
At the start of April, California allowed anyone 50 years or older to get vaccinated with people 16 and older being allowed to get their shot starting April 15.
On Monday night Facebook post, UC Davis Health said the appointments will be available for anyone 16 and older starting April 6.
UC Davis Health patients can schedule HERE. Anyone who is not already a UC Davis Health patient can schedule HERE.
With virus rates low, Californians eager to return to events
Professional sports teams are eager to welcome back fans when California lifts its ban on indoor performances.
Starting April 15, people can host larger private gatherings indoors and venues can allow live audiences with strict capacity limits. More people will be allowed indoors if they show proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test.
The move comes as some states are seeing coronavirus rates surge. Gov. Gavin Newsom's administration believes it's safe to reopen since case rates are lower in California and vaccinations are increasing.
Some performance venues say the lower attendance doesn't pencil out financially.
California has lowest COVID-19 positivity rate in the country, Gov. Newsom says
California is currently reporting the lowest positivity rate in the United States, according to a tweet from Governor Gavin Newsom.
Newsom tweeted the news Monday afternoon.
Stockton opening mass vaccination hub
Stockton is opening the mass vaccination hub at the Stockton Arena on Wednesday, April 7. The site will be open to Kaiser Permanente members and the public as part of a joint effort to get vaccine access to communities hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The hub was originally supposed to open on March 30, but had to be delayed due to an insufficient supply in vaccines.
The site has the capacity to administer up to 5,400 vaccines each day, depending on the vaccine supply.
A third of Yolo County's population has received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
In its bi-weekly coronavirus briefing, Yolo County announced roughly 70,000 residents have received their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine. This is from data "across all the pharmacies, hospitals, and clinics, including those that were vaccinated in other counties."
"If you divide that number by 220,000 residents, which is everyone, thats about 32 % of our population. Thats one third, or one out of every three people that have received at least their first dose," the briefing stated.
The county also announced it'll begin to allow library services by appointment only.
Latest coronavirus numbers in California
According to the latest figures from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California has 3,582,463 confirmed coronavirus cases to date.
There have been 58,534 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic, with the state announcing 21 new deaths on Monday.
As of April 5, a total of 19,894,885 vaccine doses have been administered statewide.
Sacramento region school districts preparing for more students
Starting today, the San Juan Unified School District welcomes back students from TK through fifth grade.
Starting Tuesday, April 6, the Elk Grove Unified School District [EGUSD] will begin offering students in-person learning from Tuesdays through Fridays.
Resources guide for California families
The experience of being fully vaccinated | Walt's Blender
Originally posted here:
UC Davis Health opening vaccinations up to anyone 16 and older | COVID-19 Updates in Northern California - ABC10.com KXTV
- Pressure Grows on U.S. Companies to Share Covid Vaccine Technology - The New York Times - September 23rd, 2021
- What Is the R.1 COVID-19 Variant? Here's What We Know So Far - Health.com - September 23rd, 2021
- They Shunned Covid Vaccines but Embraced Antibody Treatment - The New York Times - September 19th, 2021
- Research on Covid Booster Shots is Conflicting - The New York Times - September 19th, 2021
- Adocia to Participate in the H.C. Wainwright 23rd Annual Global Investment Conference - September 11th, 2021
- CytoDyn Announces Treatment of the First Patient in its Pivotal Phase 3 COVID-19 Trial in Brazil for Patients with Severe Symptoms - September 11th, 2021
- Hamilton Morris joins COMPASS Pathways to research new psychedelic compounds - September 11th, 2021
- Fulcrum Therapeutics™ Reports Inducement Grant Under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5635(c)(4) - September 11th, 2021
- Infant Bacterial Therapeutics today announces that a new patent is granted in Mexico - September 11th, 2021
- BeyondSpring Announces Second Quarter 2021 Financial Results and Provides a Corporate Update - September 11th, 2021
- VBL Therapeutics to Present at Upcoming Conferences - September 11th, 2021
- Immunocore to present at upcoming investor conferences - September 11th, 2021
- Avicanna Announces Filing of Interim Financial Statements for Period Ended June 30, 2021 and Provides Corporate Update - September 11th, 2021
- New Agenus Subsidiary, SaponiQx, Builds Innovative Adjuvant Platform and Forms Collaboration with Ginkgo Bioworks - September 11th, 2021
- Cerevel Therapeutics to Host Virtual R&D Event on October 7 - September 11th, 2021
- Portage Biotech Announces Participation in September 2021 Investor Conferences - September 11th, 2021
- Monte Rosa Therapeutics Announces Addition to Russell 2000® and Russell 3000® Indexes - September 11th, 2021
- scPharmaceuticals Inc. Presents Late-breaking FREEDOM-HF Study Data at the Heart Failure Society of America Annual Scientific Meeting 2021 - September 11th, 2021
- Elicio Therapeutics Presents Preclinical Data on AMP TCR-T Combination Therapy in Solid Tumors at the CAR-TCR Annual Summit 2021 - September 11th, 2021
- Amolyt Pharma to Host Key Opinion Leader Webinar and Discuss Results of Phase I Clinical Trial of AZP-3601 on Friday, October 1st at 10:00am ET - September 11th, 2021
- New Studies Find Evidence Of 'Superhuman' Immunity To COVID-19 In Some Individuals - NPR - September 8th, 2021
- COVID-19 boosters are coming but who will get them and when? - Associated Press - September 8th, 2021
- Coronavirus: If you were fully vaccinated before the second wave, will the third wave be risky for you? - Times of India - August 31st, 2021
- Getting very ill with COVID-19 is like rattlesnake bite: study - New York Post - August 31st, 2021
- Ohio judge orders that COVID-19 patient be treated with ivermectin which no agency recommends - New York Post - August 31st, 2021
- The latest on the Covid-19 pandemic in the US - CNN - August 29th, 2021
- Florida woman hospitalized with COVID-19 comes home to find husband dead of COVID-19 - FOX 13 Tampa Bay - August 27th, 2021
- Japan Halts 1.6 Million Doses of the Moderna Vaccine Over Contamination Worries - The New York Times - August 27th, 2021
- Greece to end free COVID-19 tests for unvaccinated, infections hit new record - Reuters - August 25th, 2021
- Dramatic rise in COVID-19 hospitalizations is predicted to surpass Dallas-Fort Worths winter peak - The Dallas Morning News - August 25th, 2021
- OC Residents Need Proof of COVID Vaccine or Recent Negative Test For More Indoor Events - Voice of OC - August 19th, 2021
- Britain's COVID-19 cases up by 7.6% over past week - Reuters - August 19th, 2021
- Can the Vaccinated Develop Long Covid After a Breakthrough Infection? - The New York Times - August 16th, 2021
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Update: FDA Authorizes Additional Vaccine Dose for Certain Immunocompromised Individuals | FDA - FDA.gov - August 13th, 2021
- COVID-19: Nurse suspected of injecting thousands with saline solution instead of coronavirus vaccine in Germany - Sky News - August 13th, 2021
- Vietnam concerned over vaccine supply as COVID-19 cases near record - Reuters - August 13th, 2021
- Fully vaccinated people experiencing breakthrough COVID infections: What to know - CNET - August 13th, 2021
- Chet Hanks, whose parents were hospitalized with Covid-19, rants against vaccines and masks - CNN - August 13th, 2021
- Fauci hopeful COVID vaccines get full OK by FDA within weeks - Associated Press - August 11th, 2021
- Breakthrough Infections and the Delta Variant: What to Know - The New York Times - August 11th, 2021
- Mandatory Covid vaccines for troops are coming. What happens if they refuse? - POLITICO - August 11th, 2021
- US records more than 184,000 new COVID-19 cases in 24 hours - FOX 7 Austin - August 11th, 2021
- Bastrop County neighbors struggle to find COVID-19 testing, as infection numbers rise - KXAN.com - August 11th, 2021
- COVID breakthrough infections and fully vaccinated people: What you need to know - CNET - August 11th, 2021
- Covid-19 variants that evade protection could emerge in the US if more people don't get vaccinated, Fauci says - CNN - August 9th, 2021
- Bayou COVID-19 crisis: Deaths begin to pile up on the Cajun coast - The Tennessean - August 9th, 2021
- Covid-19 cases are rising in countries praised for stopping outbreaks. Do they need to change their strategies? - CNN - August 9th, 2021
- Breakthrough COVID cases and those who are fully vaccinated: Here's the latest - CNET - August 9th, 2021
- F.D.A. Aims to Give Final Approval to Pfizer Vaccine by Early Next Month - The New York Times - August 9th, 2021
- 'Were at a new stage of the pandemic:' 98% of Ohioans hospitalized with COVID-19 are unvaccinated - The Cincinnati Enquirer - August 7th, 2021
- Breakthrough COVID cases and fully vaccinated people: Here's the latest - CNET - August 7th, 2021
- California first in nation to mandate vaccinations for health care workers - CalMatters - August 7th, 2021
- Austin moves to COVID-19 Stage 5 here are the new guidelines for the vaccinated, unvaccinated - KXAN.com - August 7th, 2021
- Covid numbers climbing locally and state wide - The Augusta Chronicle - August 6th, 2021
- Vaccinated people have the same chance of finding a four-leaf clover as they do of catching a serious case of COVID - Fox17 - August 6th, 2021
- What Is the Delta Plus Variant? Here's What Experts Know About It So Far - Prevention.com - August 6th, 2021
- Covid Australia vaccine rollout tracker: total number of people and per cent vaccinated, daily vaccine doses and rate of progress - The Guardian - August 6th, 2021
- Despite record COVID-19 hospitalizations, Florida's governor says 'admissions have slowed' - WPTV.com - August 4th, 2021
- Covid news live: UK cases drop as Sturgeon expected to recommend vaccinations for 16 - 17 year olds - The Independent - August 4th, 2021
- Stage 5 is coming to Austin-Travis County but itll look different - KXAN.com - August 4th, 2021
- X Marks the Spot: Officials Map a Route Out of the Pandemic - The New York Times - August 2nd, 2021
- Fauci Wants to Make Vaccines for the Next Pandemic Before It Hits - The New York Times - August 2nd, 2021
- Breakthrough COVID cases among the fully vaccinated are real. Here's the latest - CNET - August 2nd, 2021
- Covid news live: UK cases fall slightly as student vaccine passport plan is ditched - The Independent - August 2nd, 2021
- Conservative Talk Show Host Battling COVID-19 Regrets Disseminating Vaccine Skepticism - Here And Now - July 31st, 2021
- Covid news live: Tokyo sees record number of daily infections as US to require vaccines for federal workers - The Independent - July 29th, 2021
- As Virus Cases Rise, Another Contagion Spreads Among the Vaccinated: Anger - The New York Times - July 28th, 2021
- US surgeon general says putting a mask back on will help, but vaccinations will stonewall the pandemic - CNN - July 28th, 2021
- NYC to require vaccines or weekly testing for city workers - Associated Press - July 28th, 2021
- These fully vaccinated Americans got breakthrough infections. They say it could have been worse without being vaccinated - CNN - July 28th, 2021
- Iran hits new COVID infection record for 2nd straight day - Associated Press - July 28th, 2021
- Where Covid-19 Hospitalizations Are Rising in the U.S. - The New York Times - July 26th, 2021
- The Most Influential Spreader of Coronavirus Misinformation Online - The New York Times - July 26th, 2021
- Teens And The Vaccine: Answers To Your Frequently Asked Questions : Shots - Health News - NPR - July 26th, 2021
- The pandemic is 'spiraling out of control' due to unvaccinated people, Trump administration official says - CNN - July 26th, 2021
- A prospective observational safety study on ChAdOx1 nCoV-19 corona virus vaccine (recombinant) use in healthcare workers- first results from India -... - July 26th, 2021
- More Than 200 Facebook Groups Have Been Actively Circulating Coronavirus Vaccine Misinformation - Forbes - July 26th, 2021
- Australia once reveled in being the 'lucky country' on Covid-19. Now weary Aussies 'feel like prisoners' - CNN - July 26th, 2021
- Covid-19 Pill Race Heats Up as Japanese Firm Vies With Pfizer, Merck - WSJ - The Wall Street Journal - July 26th, 2021
- The NFL's new COVID-19 rules have big implications for teams with highest, lowest vaccinations rates - Sporting News - July 24th, 2021