On Monday night Facebook post, UC Davis Health said the appointments will be available for anyone 16 and older starting April 6.
SACRAMENTO, Calif. ABC10is following the latest coronavirus statistics and vaccine news for the Sacramento region and the state of California.
UC Davis opens up vaccinations to people 16 and older
More than a week ahead of the state's timeline, UC Davis Health is opening up the vaccinations to anybody 16 and older.
At the start of April, California allowed anyone 50 years or older to get vaccinated with people 16 and older being allowed to get their shot starting April 15.
On Monday night Facebook post, UC Davis Health said the appointments will be available for anyone 16 and older starting April 6.
UC Davis Health patients can schedule HERE. Anyone who is not already a UC Davis Health patient can schedule HERE.
With virus rates low, Californians eager to return to events
Professional sports teams are eager to welcome back fans when California lifts its ban on indoor performances.
Starting April 15, people can host larger private gatherings indoors and venues can allow live audiences with strict capacity limits. More people will be allowed indoors if they show proof of vaccination or a recent negative COVID-19 test.
The move comes as some states are seeing coronavirus rates surge. Gov. Gavin Newsom's administration believes it's safe to reopen since case rates are lower in California and vaccinations are increasing.
Some performance venues say the lower attendance doesn't pencil out financially.
California has lowest COVID-19 positivity rate in the country, Gov. Newsom says
California is currently reporting the lowest positivity rate in the United States, according to a tweet from Governor Gavin Newsom.
Newsom tweeted the news Monday afternoon.
Stockton opening mass vaccination hub
Stockton is opening the mass vaccination hub at the Stockton Arena on Wednesday, April 7. The site will be open to Kaiser Permanente members and the public as part of a joint effort to get vaccine access to communities hit hard by the COVID-19 pandemic.
The hub was originally supposed to open on March 30, but had to be delayed due to an insufficient supply in vaccines.
The site has the capacity to administer up to 5,400 vaccines each day, depending on the vaccine supply.
A third of Yolo County's population has received the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine
In its bi-weekly coronavirus briefing, Yolo County announced roughly 70,000 residents have received their first dose of the coronavirus vaccine. This is from data "across all the pharmacies, hospitals, and clinics, including those that were vaccinated in other counties."
"If you divide that number by 220,000 residents, which is everyone, thats about 32 % of our population. Thats one third, or one out of every three people that have received at least their first dose," the briefing stated.
The county also announced it'll begin to allow library services by appointment only.
Latest coronavirus numbers in California
According to the latest figures from the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), California has 3,582,463 confirmed coronavirus cases to date.
There have been 58,534 COVID-19 deaths since the start of the pandemic, with the state announcing 21 new deaths on Monday.
As of April 5, a total of 19,894,885 vaccine doses have been administered statewide.
Sacramento region school districts preparing for more students
Starting today, the San Juan Unified School District welcomes back students from TK through fifth grade.
Starting Tuesday, April 6, the Elk Grove Unified School District [EGUSD] will begin offering students in-person learning from Tuesdays through Fridays.
Resources guide for California families
The experience of being fully vaccinated | Walt's Blender
Originally posted here:
UC Davis Health opening vaccinations up to anyone 16 and older | COVID-19 Updates in Northern California - ABC10.com KXTV
- So coronavirus vaccines arent perfect. Theyre still very, very effective - The San Diego Union-Tribune - May 4th, 2021
- Alarm grows in Africa as it watches India's COVID-19 crisis - The Associated Press - May 4th, 2021
- Finding the Universal Coronavirus Vaccine - The Atlantic - May 2nd, 2021
- THURSDAY UPDATES: Boone County first in state with beginning and completing coronavirus vaccine with percent of population - ABC17NEWS - ABC17News.com - April 30th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccination numbers are on the decline - KENS5.com - April 28th, 2021
- Emerging Markets Report: The Rich Get Richer - April 26th, 2021
- MediPharm Labs Expands Global Portfolio in 9 Countries Including Medical and Wellness Customers for Turnkey Manufacturing and Distribution Solutions;... - April 26th, 2021
- ContraFect Invited to Participate in the Cystic Fibrosis Target Product Profile Virtual Symposium - April 26th, 2021
- Avicanna Provides Bi-Weekly Update On Status Of Management Cease Trade Order - April 26th, 2021
- Auxly Reports Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2020 Financial Results and Provides Outlook for 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- InMed Pharmaceuticals Achieves 2g/L Cannabinoid Yield with IntegraSyn™ - April 26th, 2021
- Mydecine to Report Full Year 2020 Financial Results on May 3, 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- Nephros Announces First Quarter 2021 Financial Results Conference Call - April 26th, 2021
- TG Therapeutics to Participate in the B. Riley Securities Neuroscience Conference - April 26th, 2021
- Rubius Therapeutics to Announce First Quarter 2021 Financial Results - April 26th, 2021
- Progenity to Present Two Abstracts for Novel Ingestible Drug Delivery Technologies at Digestive Disease Week 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- Voyager Therapeutics Receives FDA Clearance of IND Application for Gene Therapy Candidate VY-HTT01 for Treatment of Huntington’s Disease - April 26th, 2021
- Genetic Technologies’ COVID-19 Risk Test Approved for Commercial Release - April 26th, 2021
- Pacific Biosciences Launches New HiFi Sequencing Workflow to Further Improve HiFi’s Industry Leading Accuracy - April 26th, 2021
- ADMA Biologics Opens Newest ADMA BioCenters Plasma Collection Facility in Goose Creek, S.C. - April 26th, 2021
- Intercept to Announce First Quarter 2021 Financial Results on May 6, 2021 - April 26th, 2021
- Vaxart to Host a Key Opinion Leader Webinar on the Importance of T-Cell Responses for COVID-19 Vaccines - April 26th, 2021
- Akero Therapeutics Appoints Yuan Xu to its Board of Directors - April 26th, 2021
- Saniona to Present at Multiple Upcoming Investor Conferences - April 26th, 2021
- BioCardia Signs Agreement with Leading Japanese Biotechnology Company for Catheter Biotherapeutic Delivery Product Candidates - April 26th, 2021
- The benefits of J&J vaccine and birth control outweigh tiny risk of blood clots - MarketWatch - April 19th, 2021
- Coronavirus news live: Latest as lockdown easing sees shops and pubs crowded - The Independent - April 12th, 2021
- Covid UK: coronavirus cases, deaths and vaccinations today - The Guardian - April 12th, 2021
- Asia Today: India records another surge in COVID-19 cases - The Associated Press - April 12th, 2021
- The Pfizer/BioNTech Covid-19 Vaccine Is Less Effective Against The South African And UK Variants Than Against The Original Virus, According To A New... - April 12th, 2021
- How Long Should You Wait To Get the Vaccine After Having COVID-19? - ideastream - April 9th, 2021
- What you should (and shouldn't) do with your vaccination card - KING5.com - April 9th, 2021
- Can Vaccinated People Spread the Virus? - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Germany to restrict AstraZeneca use in under-60s over clots - The Associated Press - April 5th, 2021
- The COVID-19 vaccine side effects you can expect based on your age, sex, and dose - Business Insider - April 5th, 2021
- Covid-19: Johnson & Johnson Put in Charge of Plant That Ruined Millions of Vaccine Doses - The New York Times - April 5th, 2021
- Germany restricts use of AstraZeneca vaccine to over 60s in most cases - DW (English) - April 5th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccines with a side of fried fish are on the Good Friday menu in Central City - NOLA.com - April 3rd, 2021
- Explained: Making sense of Indias Covid-19 data - The Indian Express - April 3rd, 2021
- 35 Pa. counties have substantial spread of COVID-19; positive test rate rises for second week in a row - PennLive - March 30th, 2021
- Covid-19 News: In-Person School Attendance Inches Up but Roadblocks Remain - The New York Times - March 30th, 2021
- COVID-19 cases surging in Pa. and N.J. as variants spread; Biden sets goal of 200 million vaccinations by end - The Philadelphia Inquirer - March 28th, 2021
- Why Supply Isnt the Only Thing Stymying Europes Coronavirus Vaccine Rollout - The New York Times - March 26th, 2021
- All Georgia adults will be eligible for coronavirus vaccines starting Thursday - Atlanta Journal Constitution - March 26th, 2021
- COVID Vaccine (COVID-19 Immunization Updates) | CVS Pharmacy - March 24th, 2021
- Mavericks won't require their players to get the coronavirus vaccine - The Official Home of the - Mavs.com - March 24th, 2021
- Health experts give green light to Janssen COVID jab, allay clotting concerns - UN News - March 20th, 2021
- New York City marks anniversary of 1st COVID-19 death with memorial services - ABC News - March 15th, 2021
- Will I have to wear a mask after getting the Covid vaccine? The science explained - The Guardian - March 15th, 2021
- Health Department ignored red flags in Philly Fighting COVID partnership, inspector general says - The Philadelphia Inquirer - March 11th, 2021
- Coronavirus vaccination scam calls reported in Bay and Saginaw counties - MLive.com - March 11th, 2021
- When will children be able to get COVID-19 vaccines? - KHOU.com - March 8th, 2021
- What you need to know about the new Johnson & Johnson vaccine - WHYY - March 8th, 2021
- People who have had COVID-19 might need only one shot of a coronavirus vaccine - Science News Magazine - March 6th, 2021
- "Corona Virus Vaccine Market Size is Projected to reach 75.75 Billion by end of 2021, Says Brandessence Market Research" - PR Newswire India - March 6th, 2021
- Who should skip the second shot of coronavirus vaccine? Weve got answers - cleveland.com - March 4th, 2021
- Explained: As you take the Covid-19 vaccine, some dos and donts - The Indian Express - March 4th, 2021
- "Corona Virus Vaccine Market Size is Projected to reach 75.75 Billion by end of 2021, Says Brandessence Market Research" USA - PRNewswire - March 4th, 2021
- Indias Covid-19 Vaccine Is Found Effective, Boosting National Efforts - The Wall Street Journal - March 4th, 2021
- Latest COVID-19 vaccination numbers in DC, Maryland and Virginia - WTOP - March 4th, 2021
- Situation Update: Response to COVID-19 in Indonesia (As of 1 March 2021) [EN/ID] - Indonesia - ReliefWeb - March 4th, 2021
- Dietary Supplement Use and COVID-19: What You Need to Know - JD Supra - March 4th, 2021
- Texas is diverting thousands of COVID-19 vaccine doses away from Dallas County, Judge Jenkins says - WFAA.com - March 2nd, 2021
- The latest on the coronavirus pandemic and vaccines: Live updated - CNN - March 2nd, 2021
- FDA Issues Emergency Use Authorization for Third COVID-19 Vaccine - FDA.gov - February 28th, 2021
- Coronavirus UK news update Covid alert drops from 5 to 4 as Queen asks Brits wary of vaccine to think abo - The Sun - February 26th, 2021
- Who is next on the priority list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be contacted? - Telegraph.co.uk - February 26th, 2021
- The Covid-19 vaccines reduce transmission. Heres the evidence. - Vox.com - February 24th, 2021
- India's Covid vaccine maker told to meet domestic demand first, urges 'rest of the world' to be patient - CNBC - February 24th, 2021
- Governor Lamont Announces Connecticut Will Continue Age-Based Approach To COVID-19 Vaccine Eligibility; Educators and Childcare Providers To Have... - February 24th, 2021
- Australian Open crowd boos at mention of coronavirus vaccines and Victorian government after Novak Djokovic's win - ABC News - February 22nd, 2021
- Quixplained: What is the South African variant of Covid-19? - The Indian Express - February 20th, 2021
- Texas power outage, storm delay COVID-19 vaccine deliveries, injections - The Texas Tribune - February 20th, 2021
- How many Covid vaccinations have been given in my area? Use our postcode tool to find out - Telegraph.co.uk - February 20th, 2021
- Who is next on the priority list for Covid vaccines - and how will I be contacted? - The Telegraph - February 20th, 2021
- COVID-19 tests, not to be confused with vaccine, in LA to be available without appointment next week - FOX 11 Los Angeles - February 20th, 2021
- New coronavirus variants are emerging across the globe: Everything we know - CNET - February 18th, 2021
- Heres why some coronavirus vaccine suppliers say they arent selling to provinces - Global News - February 18th, 2021
- More Than 4 Million Doses of COVID-19 Vaccine Have Been Given in Texas; Supersites Arrive Next Week - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth - February 16th, 2021
- The superspreaders behind top COVID-19 conspiracy theories - The Associated Press - February 16th, 2021