SACRAMENTO (CBS13) A major local health care provider is expanding vaccination appointments earlier than expected.
Starting Tuesday, UC Davis Health is letting anyone 16 and older to schedule a COVID-19 vaccine appointment.
Its a shot in the arm when it comes to protecting people against the coronavirus.
It went pretty smooth, said Alan Cooperman, who made his appointment online. They are very organized, very efficient, so its nice to finally get this thing going.
Thousands have already taken advantage of UC Davis program.
On Monday, just over 900 people had signed up. By Tuesday, that number had more than doubled.
First dose; I feel wonderful, said Moira McCleary.
It was a sense of relief for McCleary and her husband, who are both ready to travel out of state to see their daughter.
Ive been a nurse for 40 years, so I know what this is all about, McCleary said. People really need to take it seriously.
UC Davis says both current patients and non-patients can receive the shot.
Within a couple hours, there was a line out the door. But Cooperman says it took just minutes.
They are very organized, Cooperman said. I asked some questions and they were very reassuring.
The decision was an easy one for him and many others.
Id rather get the shot and have the risk of side effects than to worry about getting COVID and have to deal with that, Cooperman said.
Those who got vaccinated on Tuesday received an appointment for their second dose.
Patients can head to this webpage to sign up for an appointment, while non-patients can go to this webpage.
UC Davis Health Sees Big Response From Opening Up COVID-19 Vaccines To Everyone 16 And Up - Good Day Sacramento
- The Covid-19 vaccine is free, even if you get a health insurance bill - Vox.com - April 14th, 2021
- Covid-19 Vaccine and Cases News: Live Updates - The New York Times - April 14th, 2021
- Italys Covid-19 Vaccinations Bypassed the Elderly, and More Are Dying - The Wall Street Journal - April 14th, 2021
- Only 30% of L.A. County men got COVID-19 vaccine, compared to 44% of women. Why the disparity? - Los Angeles Times - April 14th, 2021
- Sanford Health offering walk-in COVID-19 vaccinations - KELOLAND.com - April 14th, 2021
- TSC to hold student-only COVID-19 vaccination clinic - KGBT-TV - April 14th, 2021
- Chambers County is cutting back on COVID-19 vaccine appointments because fewer people are using them - KHOU.com - April 14th, 2021
- NFL says more than 2M COVID-19 vaccines administered at its stadiums - FOX 10 News Phoenix - April 14th, 2021
- Russian President Putin gets 2nd COVID-19 vaccine shot - The Associated Press - April 14th, 2021
- Thousands of COVID-19 vaccine appointments remain available in North Kansas City this week - WDAF FOX4 Kansas City - April 14th, 2021
- Covid-19: Britain Begins to Reopen, Emerging From One of the Worlds Longest Lockdowns - The New York Times - April 14th, 2021
- WATCH LIVE: White House COVID-19 Response Team to hold briefing - KING5.com - April 12th, 2021
- Will COVID-19 vaccine be mandatory? At some colleges, events and workplaces, it already is. - Chicago Tribune - April 12th, 2021
- Gov. Wolf and COVID-19 Vaccine Task Force Announce that All Adults in Pennsylvania are Eligible Tomorrow to Schedule COVID-19 Vaccination Appointments... - April 12th, 2021
- Loudoun Opens COVID-19 Vaccine to All 16 and Older - Loudoun Now - April 12th, 2021
- The Next Step in Covid-19 Vaccines May Be Through the Nose - Smithsonian Magazine - April 12th, 2021
- Pennsylvania The Latest To Announce Covid-19 Vaccines Opening To Everyone: Heres The Full List - Forbes - April 12th, 2021
- Adverse reactions to Johnson & Johnsons COVID-19 vaccine: What you need to know - WPXI Pittsburgh - April 12th, 2021
- The COVID-19 vaccines are highly effective. Heres what the numbers really mean. - The Philadelphia Inquirer - April 12th, 2021
- More Colleges Say They'll Require Students To Have COVID-19 Vaccines For Fall - NPR - April 12th, 2021
- Greece to receive first 33,600 doses of J&J COVID-19 vaccine this week - Reuters - April 12th, 2021
- Terrifying Viral Videos of Shaking After COVID-19 Vaccines Are Not What They Seem - ScienceAlert - April 12th, 2021
- We could soon have vaccines for cancer and HIV thanks to COVID-19 vaccine discovery: report - Insider - April 12th, 2021
- OSU to expand COVID-19 vaccine to students, staff this week - NBC4 WCMH-TV - April 12th, 2021
- Calumet County COVID-19 vaccine clinic will have Pfizer appointments available this week and next - Post-Crescent - April 12th, 2021
- City of Los Angeles to offer COVID-19 vaccines to those 16 and up starting Tuesday - FOX 11 Los Angeles - April 12th, 2021
- Baystate Health offering walk-in COVID-19 vaccination Monday in Holyoke - WWLP.com - April 12th, 2021
- Mainers head north for COVID-19 vaccines in reversal of normal health care trends - WGME - April 12th, 2021
- Vaccines sell out in Pakistan as the private market opens, raising concerns of inequality - CNN - April 12th, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine: Lees Summit hosting drive-thru mass vaccination event - WDAF FOX4 Kansas City - April 12th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Sites | City of Detroit - City of Detroit - April 12th, 2021
- 'This is what you have been waiting for' | Beshear sets vaccination goal with promise to remove restrictions - WHAS11.com - April 12th, 2021
- VERIFY: What does your vaccine reaction say about how you would have fared with COVID-19? - WUSA9.com - April 12th, 2021
- Trump wants you to start calling it the 'Trumpcine' instead of the COVID-19 vaccine, report says - Business Insider - April 12th, 2021
- Nearly One-Third of Texans Have Received COVID-19 Vaccine - NBC 5 Dallas-Fort Worth - April 11th, 2021
- Charting A Policy On Covid-19 Vaccinations: What Employers Need To Know - Forbes - April 11th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccines Advice - World Health Organization - April 11th, 2021
- The Covid-19 vaccines are highly effective, and the chance of an adverse reaction is rare - CNN - April 11th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic for New Britain Residents Open Sunday - NBC Connecticut - April 11th, 2021
- What to Know About COVID-19, Variants, and Children - Healthline - April 11th, 2021
- Native-American Tribes Pull Ahead in Covid-19 Vaccinations - The Wall Street Journal - April 11th, 2021
- One side effect of the COVID-19 vaccine could be a heavier period - The Verge - April 11th, 2021
- Phillies Rhys Hoskins wants the COVID-19 vaccine, but unsure if team can reach vaccination threshold - The Philadelphia Inquirer - April 11th, 2021
- Can you drink alcohol after getting the COVID-19 vaccine? - WGN TV Chicago - April 11th, 2021
- The story behind COVID-19 vaccines - Science Magazine - April 9th, 2021
- The Covid-19 vaccine script that TV shows are using to fight fear and misinformation - CNBC - April 9th, 2021
- Are some COVID-19 vaccines more effective than others? - Associated Press - April 9th, 2021
- In the Covid-19 vaccine push, no one is speaking Gen Z's language - STAT - April 9th, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccines and kids: What parents should know - WFLA - April 9th, 2021
- UW researchers to study COVID-19 vaccines' long-term effectiveness - KING5.com - April 9th, 2021
- Governors Should Prioritize the Covid-19 Vaccine for Everyone in Jail - brennancenter.org - April 9th, 2021
- State Focusing On Shifting COVID-19 Vaccine Allotments With Demand - 9 & 10 News - 9&10 News - April 9th, 2021
- Racial disparities and the COVID-19 vaccine rollout - KNWA - April 9th, 2021
- Fauci reveals activities he will, won't do after COVID-19 vaccination - Business Insider - April 9th, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccinations administered to over 100 homeless people in Columbus - WTVM - April 9th, 2021
- How to Handle Your COVID-19 Vaccination Card - NBC Bay Area - April 9th, 2021
- Josh Allen debating whether to get COVID-19 vaccine - NBC Sports - April 9th, 2021
- Oklahoma City VA expanding COVID-19 vaccinations to all veterans and caregivers & spouses; will hold Johnson & Johnson single dose event -... - April 9th, 2021
- Farmers and Farm Workers Should Be Prioritized for COVID-19 Vaccine - Farm Bureau News - April 7th, 2021
- Clarity still needed on effectiveness of COVID-19 vaccine passports, says UN health agency - UN News - April 7th, 2021
- Supply Of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine To Be Limited In Coming Weeks - NBC Connecticut - April 7th, 2021
- Researchers Are Hatching a Low-Cost Covid-19 Vaccine - The New York Times - April 7th, 2021
- Half of US adults could have a Covid-19 vaccine dose by the weekend, but experts say it's too soon to declare victory - ABC17NEWS - ABC17News.com - April 7th, 2021
- Closing the gap - why I got the COVID-19 vaccine: Kyla Johnson - cleveland.com - April 7th, 2021
- COVID-19 vaccine appointments at TCO postponed due to weather damage - FOX 9 - April 7th, 2021
- Lost your COVID-19 vaccination card? Heres what you need to know - KHON2 - April 7th, 2021
- New COVID-19 vaccination site coming Wednesday to Elgin - Daily Herald - April 7th, 2021
- A conversation on how to find that elusive Covid-19 vaccine - STAT - STAT - April 7th, 2021
- Sedgwick County man first to receive COVID-19 vaccine in his home - KSN-TV - April 7th, 2021
- 'Teenagers are seeing a glimpse of hope' with beginning of COVID-19 vaccinations - WCPO - April 5th, 2021
- A Digital COVID-19 Vaccine Passport System Is Still Premature - The Regulatory Review - April 5th, 2021
- State Farm Stadium's COVID-19 vaccination site in Glendale shifts to overnight hours to beat the heat - FOX 10 News Phoenix - April 5th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccine Now Available To Everyone 18+. Here's How To Get Vaccinated In Escambia County. - NorthEscambia.com - April 5th, 2021
- How COVID-19 vaccine gets from the manufacturer to your arm and why its taking so long - OCRegister - April 5th, 2021
- Hyde Co. health officials hosting COVID-19 vaccination event on April 13 - WAVY.com - April 5th, 2021
- COVID-19 Vaccination Clinics April 5-11, 2021 - West Virginia Department of Health and Human Resources - April 5th, 2021
- 200 COVID-19 vaccines going to those in underserved parts of Lee County - Wink News - April 5th, 2021
- I got the COVID-19 vaccine. What can I safely do? - MassLive.com - April 5th, 2021
- Side Effects of COVID-19 Vaccines - World Health Organization - April 5th, 2021
- Pediatric trial of COVID-19 vaccine coming to Charlotte - WCNC.com - April 5th, 2021